Sponsored by:

Allocation question .... ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 03:08 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 714 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
I spoke with the sales manager that I've been dealing with for some years about the allocation. He said that he would have secured the dates by months end. I'll be patient.

Regarding discounts. This is always something that seems fluid depending on the dealership / sales points at the time of the purchase/lease. Meaning ... I receive a $7500 discount, clear bra / clear sm's, hardwire V1 at NC from one dealer for my '07 C4S that we built, and another offered me floor mats.

Not really sure, but when I got my '09 Turbo cab, I think I got ~$6K off with clear bra / clear sm' / V1 yada, yada at NC. And, when trading that in, I had some $9000 in 'equity' toward my present '15 Turbo coupe.

I never think I'm really getting a "deal". I think there's quite a profit in these higher end vehicles. In '07, the GM of the Ohio dealership said there was $15,000 in profit. He gave me $7500 and he took $7500. I don't know if I believe that or not. Present deals on Chevy Siverados are giving up to $15,000 (20%) off sticker. I'd think 911s have more profit than a Siverado. But, I have no idea.

Regarding the T4 GTS ... Yes, I'll ask for some discount and freebies, see if there is any equity in my present car, but realistically, I'm not holding my breath.
Totally get it. In Canada, I'm told by the ex GM of a dealership that dealers have 10% in the car and 15% in the options, plus some other "program". You can't blame dealers for not discounting if they have more buyers than they have cars. I guess that is good for resale or some "equity" in your car if you pull forward from your lease into a new car. Those calculations get calculated. You never really know whether they are giving you enough "equity". You find that out later when you see the price on your old car while it is sitting on the used car lot.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered my MY2016 TARGA GTS in May of 2015.....Dealer told me he only had 2 in allocation......I have purchased many cars from this dealer...GM was a friend....He gave me 6%....started at 5% and I got him to 6%...I tried to get 7....but no luck :-(

I love the car and have NO REGRETS
Old 02-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks 1
I ordered my MY2016 TARGA GTS in May of 2015.....Dealer told me he only had 2 in allocation......I have purchased many cars from this dealer...GM was a friend....He gave me 6%....started at 5% and I got him to 6%...I tried to get 7....but no luck :-(

I love the car and have NO REGRETS
Good to know. I'll see what I can do when the order part starts to happen.

I guess that could be later this month. ??

Heck, 5% could be like $7800ish. I'd take that !
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Heck, 5% could be like $7800ish. I'd take that !
If you're making a straight cash, no trade, no lease, no finance deal, then 5% off is a pretty easy to call. It's what I would characterize as an average, no sweat deal.
But, the minute you start throwing in a trade, a lease, a finance, then the judgement on whether you got a good deal is a bit trickier to call. And, in general, these situations result in a gain for the dealer and a loser for the buyer. You have to know all the details of the deal to make a judgement on it because the dealer has lots of paths to your wallet.

Quick Reply: Allocation question .... ?