Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Note that I said nothing about money, taxes, etc. You did. I said "No hoops to jump through" and being on "my schedule not someone elses". I have bought cars by driving one in and another out an hour later. No 2 month rentals involved.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 704 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Note that I said nothing about money, taxes, etc. You did. I said "No hoops to jump through" and being on "my schedule not someone elses". I have bought cars by driving one in and another out an hour later. No 2 month rentals involved.
Its all about money to me Gary.

Regardless of the value of my net worth, I'm always trying to figure out what is the least expensive way to get things done, even if it means some inconvenience. Maybe it just comes from by business background.

On the other hand, I have a 70 year old cousin in law, who is semi retired, has a Gulfstream G450 private jet and owns a hotel in Connecticut among other business interests. I think he'd laugh at my thoughts on this. But ... given the talk on this forum about "what is the best deal out there" on this car and that car, I have to believe that many are concerned about what the total cost of ownership would be.

As I wrote, aside from the interest cost, I think my options for walking in and trading my Porsche are the same as yours and would be accomplished in about the same time (give or take a few hours). Plus, I can walk away from a lemon or one that has been in an accident at the end of the lease with no cost to me.

You are, of course entitled to look at things differently.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Its all about money to me Gary.
Great. Just saying you quoted me and I said exactly nothing about money.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts

I've only did one extended warranty in my life so far and it burned me in the end because there are so much small print in their favor to deny a claim it was unreal.

Like many extended warranty posts on here take the 5K and invest it somewhere for future use and you will come out ahead in the end.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty?