Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Isn't drilling a hole the simplest and possibly least messy solution?
Old 01-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Diffuser on a rear engine car that needs to get rid of heat

I'm confused why even do this
Old 01-24-2017, 06:29 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,406 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by john iacobucci
I'm interested in hearing more about your solution for draining the oil without removing the diffuser or drilling a hole for the drain plug.

Thanks
We have cut holes in previous diffusers to accomodate this until we made the modified bin to drain the oil into the oil drum.

Originally Posted by Maxr
Please let me know what your solution was as well. I don't understand why vorsteiner doesn't just predrill a hole.
Not sure why but we made a solution....

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
share with the forum
Basically we took a yellow parts bin and chooped off 1 side. With the diffuser disconnected in the middle of the car we fit the bin in there and let the oil go down the bin into the oil catch drum. Nothing fancy but it works!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 01-24-2017, 06:53 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxr
I have both the previous version prior to the foil and today got he replacement one with it. The replacement was due to the tabs being super fragile and a little too long on it which caused them to break during install. It still fit fine, I just wasn't about to put up with a 1800 piece that wasn't functioning as designed. I will take pics of the previous one to show the way the mesh is held in place. I believe it was hot glued with a TON of glue. That mesh is very solid FYI.
I have the diffuser off right now so it's easy to compare the differences side by side.
Would love to see a picture. Are the tabs improved on the new version?
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gbree
Would love to see a picture. Are the tabs improved on the new version?
Mesh is installed pretty well. The tabs are similar to the older style one. I have a total of 4 broken off but they're not in any areas that affected the installation.
Once the diffuser is installed it's not recommended to be R&R'd because those tabs are a bit fragile IMO. However if you use a blow dryer or a heat gun to warm up the bumper the bumper becomes more flexible and the tabs won't break.
I removed the diffuser this way without any additional damage.

I've talked to the service advisor at the dealer and he said if they don't have access to the oil pan for the service they would have to remove the entire bumper with the diffuser, which adds a couple of hours to the bill.

I could see, with the one screw removed under the car, in the third mounting location, the diffuser would hang down a little and inserting a pan to redirect the oil out into a container would work, but it wouldn't be very easy without the car being up on a lift.
Down the road I want to be able to change my own oil without too much effort.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 PM
joeyrocks
Advanced

I need to post pictures of my Vorsteiner Diffuser.

It it has been on my car for 8 months and it is practically destroyed. The entire underside is cracked with hair line and spiderweb cracks. Also, the entire bottom, including the mesh, has melted resin drips... seriously. It has melted bits of plastic all over the bottom, I wonder what vorsteiners warranty is if my car caught fire?

warning to everyone, watch out with this crap Diffuser. Considering how badly the original version melted and cracked, I cannot imagine that the thin pieces of foil (which should have always been there) will do anything to save your car from lighting on fire.

before anyone asks, I have emailed Vorsteiner pictures asking for a complete replacement or refund for the past 2 months and I have had no response from them.

Want to see pics? Should we embarrass them? I don't think so, I just wish I hadn't paid so much money for a defective product.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:59 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joeyrocks
I need to post pictures of my Vorsteiner Diffuser. It it has been on my car for 8 months and it is practically destroyed. The entire underside is cracked with hair line and spiderweb cracks. Also, the entire bottom, including the mesh, has melted resin drips... seriously. It has melted bits of plastic all over the bottom, I wonder what vorsteiners warranty is if my car caught fire? warning to everyone, watch out with this crap Diffuser. Considering how badly the original version melted and cracked, I cannot imagine that the thin pieces of foil (which should have always been there) will do anything to save your car from lighting on fire. before anyone asks, I have emailed Vorsteiner pictures asking for a complete replacement or refund for the past 2 months and I have had no response from them. Want to see pics? Should we embarrass them? I don't think so, I just wish I hadn't paid so much money for a defective product.

So you have the original version ? Do you track your car? Just trying to see how much heat build up it takes to have this effect. It's a shame as its a great looking piece when installed.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

I'd like to see pics. Not a matter of embarrassing them. imho, but getting all the facts out there and fixing a problem. Also, its educational to consumers - it's not what you know that hurts you, it's what you don't know. Troubling that they have not responded to you about your issue.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

I agree.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:29 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,406 Likes on 825 Posts

I need to post pictures of my Vorsteiner Diffuser.

It it has been on my car for 8 months and it is practically destroyed. The entire underside is cracked with hair line and spiderweb cracks. Also, the entire bottom, including the mesh, has melted resin drips... seriously. It has melted bits of plastic all over the bottom, I wonder what vorsteiners warranty is if my car caught fire?

warning to everyone, watch out with this crap Diffuser. Considering how badly the original version melted and cracked, I cannot imagine that the thin pieces of foil (which should have always been there) will do anything to save your car from lighting on fire.

before anyone asks, I have emailed Vorsteiner pictures asking for a complete replacement or refund for the past 2 months and I have had no response from them.

Want to see pics? Should we embarrass them? I don't think so, I just wish I hadn't paid so much money for a defective product.
Dont believe we sold you the diffuser but we would still be happy to assist in getting you taken care of with perhaps a replacement.

Its not like Vorsteiner to just not respond. Nevertheless, let me know if we can help.

Shot you a PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Post pics! At the price they charge we should have full disclosure from current clients on positives + negatives... I've considered this piece for some time but was always worried heat + damage based on location.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:55 PM
joeyrocks
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vise
Post pics! At the price they charge we should have full disclosure from current clients on positives + negatives... I've considered this piece for some time but was always worried heat + damage based on location.
On my phone, can't post the pics I emailed which show a clearer depiction but here are some shots from right now with the Diffuser on:

You can see some of the resin drip in this one, I did scratch off a lot of it previously.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

On my phone, can't post the pics I emailed which show a clearer depiction but here are some shots from right now with the Diffuser on:

You can see some of the resin drip in this one, I did scratch off a lot of it previously.

So much for the vents

There's too much radiant heat coming off the the engine, center mufflers, and oil pan. A few vents won't help (obviously).
Old 01-25-2017, 06:58 PM
joeyrocks
Advanced

Originally Posted by STG
So much for the vents
Its a beautiful piece, I wish it worked properly!!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:00 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Its a beautiful piece, I wish it worked properly!!

I agree. A great look, but .....

They should make one that doesn't wrap around underneath.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser