Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche - 2017 Carrera 4 Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:54 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts
Default My First Porsche - 2017 Carrera 4 Coupe!

Hi All,

Wanted to share some good news (for me). After years of considering a Porsche 911, I finally made a decision to get a new 2017 C4 Coupe. I've spend a lot of time reading this forum and researching options and ended up with the following configuration:

C4 Base
White
Standard Black Interior
Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14 Way)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE
20" RS Spyder Design Wheels
Lane Change Assist
GT Sport Steering Wheel
Multifunction Heated Steering Wheel
Power Sport Seats (14-Way) with Memory Package
Bose

I went back and forth on the RS Spyder wheels (vs 20" Carrera S) as well as PSE. I know the wheels will be a maintenance item to keep clean, but I like the look of them against a white car and they offer some darker contrast compared to the Carrera S wheel, but aren't black (which I know is popular, but I don't care for).

What sold me on PSE is the side by side test with a stock exhaust which seems to have flaps that open up as the RPM rises (in an idle to high RPM demonstration). With PSE switched off, the exhaust at idle in the same type of demonstration actually seemed quieter than the non PSE exhaust, so I thought I'd take the exhaust that offers the most control over sound. Plus, it seems to be a "must have" option for resale.

The only remaining decision is whether I should be taking a glass roof. The salesman says in the past year at the dealership, all of the cars have been delivered with this roof. I was thinking the dark contrast between the glass roof and the white "A" pillars looks a bit odd. I know the topic has been covered on the forum and there are many pictures. I think I'll give it a bit more thought.

The dealer is trading to get an allocation for my car and will have a build and delivery date shortly. The SA thinks the delivery will be between the last week of April and May 10th. That should work out reasonably well as the snow doesn't leave until the end of March and the sand gets cleaned up and pot holes filled in April.

Difficult negotiating with the dealer, but in the end they met me at a point where probably neither of us were 100% happy. maybe thats the sign of a good deal?

Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 63 Posts

Wonderful news Kayjh! You are most fortunate. Enjoy the experience as the car will be here in no time. (I like your attitude towards the wheels! great choice!) Very happy for you.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

I love white.

Came across this one over the weekend.

It's a low optioned C4S and just a stunner in white.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks AWESOME, love the wheels

Loose the amber corners, and your set!
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Well done.
I just picked up my first P-car last week (17 C2S 7M)
It is so much fun to drive
Waiting may be difficult
GL
Old 01-18-2017, 01:16 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

SA Called this morning to say they were able to get the allocation. Production is in March (don't know the date) and delivery is schedule around May 12th. The order lock date is February 3rd so I have a bit of time to contemplate the sunroof (glass vs solid) option as well as a few other small things.

The C2S is a great choice and I considered it. When I was in Toronto this past summer, an SA suggested I skip the C4 and get a C2S, which was the better seller there. However; I live in a smaller community further west and after test driving the C2 base, I thought the car had plenty of power for me and thought I might extend my driving season here with a C4. I'll still pick up a winter car though, after I return my BMW in mid February.

Quick Reply: My First Porsche - 2017 Carrera 4 Coupe!