Sponsored by:

PDLS vs PDLS Plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:48 AM
chris2
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboCarrera
The op ask about the xenon vs the led pdls+. I Have owned both and to answer your question I don't perceive a significant difference. It may be the way our individual brains interrupt the light. I think the xenon's look less robotic and the light seemed more mellow, uniform and more relaxing to my eyes. I just had to have the led and part of my decision was the hope of eu code in the future. As far as switching to led I've never heard of that being done, which makes one think it's not practical.
No, these things aren't being done because nobody is attempting it. It appears you can change US to EU specs with PIWIS, the appropriate coding byte is Byte0_Laendervariante, change from "SAE" to "ECE", then enable Byte5_Nebellichtunterstuetzung... not sure what else is required, if anything since I am in the process of retrofitting PDLS+ currently
The following users liked this post:
Honda (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:36 AM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by chris2
No, these things aren't being done because nobody is attempting it. It appears you can change US to EU specs with PIWIS, the appropriate coding byte is Byte0_Laendervariante, change from "SAE" to "ECE", then enable Byte5_Nebellichtunterstuetzung... not sure what else is required, if anything since I am in the process of retrofitting PDLS+ currently
Fascinating. I've searched for over a year and never found anything and you have exact instructions. Also fascinating that nobody has done this. I plan on doing it when I can find someone with a piwis.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:13 PM
chris2
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboCarrera
Fascinating. I've searched for over a year and never found anything and you have exact instructions. Also fascinating that nobody has done this. I plan on doing it when I can find someone with a piwis.
Thanks for the info.
You'd need a PIWIS with engineering mode enabled, you can set up your own PIWIS II for a few hundred dollars. If you want to use somebody else's PIWIS and they do not have engineering mode, you can find the instructions to install it via google, search for "how to activate Porshce piwis 2 Developer mode Engineering". You can also find a disk image for PIWIS 18.100 at that site to set up your own PIWIS in a virtual machine, the only thing you'd need to order is a clone of the PWIIS tester diagnostic interface.
The following 2 users liked this post by chris2:
Honda (08-14-2019), OMTarga4S (03-14-2021)
Old 08-15-2019, 06:33 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default piwis 2 Developer mode Engineering

Originally Posted by chris2
You'd need a PIWIS with engineering mode enabled, you can set up your own PIWIS II for a few hundred dollars. If you want to use somebody else's PIWIS and they do not have engineering mode, you can find the instructions to install it via google, search for "how to activate Porshce piwis 2 Developer mode Engineering". You can also find a disk image for PIWIS 18.100 at that site to set up your own PIWIS in a virtual machine, the only thing you'd need to order is a clone of the PWIIS tester diagnostic interface.
Please PM me if you get this done. You seem to have done your research. Your further explanation has put this task for now out of my lazy vs curious ratio. I was in hope of driving to a garage and doing a flash. Seems simpler for the bimmer crowd.
Thanks

Quick Reply: PDLS vs PDLS Plus