991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy for liking this...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016 | 04:19 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

I'd say either black/black or silver/silver, and preferably black/black because you have black wheels (which, on a silver car, I would have also). Enjoy the process!
Old 12-22-2016 | 04:38 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Dont know, only had my car for a week now. I have the tinted taillights which are cool, tinted side markers would be icing.
You have both the factory amber and a clear set right?

What about just taking the ambers to a tint shop and seeing how good of a job they do for you? Should cost almost nothing and the swap is very easy I hear. Pretty much nothing to lose unless you had something in mind for the amber lamps.

I'm going to have to go on a rennlist hiatus for a few weeks after mine arrives or I'll be buy too many extras....
Old 12-22-2016 | 04:42 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by ace37

What about just taking the ambers to a tint shop and seeing how good of a job they do for you? Should cost almost nothing and the swap is very easy I hear. Pretty much nothing to lose unless you had something in mind for the amber lamps.

I'm going to have to go on a rennlist hiatus for a few weeks after mine arrives or I'll be buy too many extras....
Don't click here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9181...thread-44.html
Old 12-22-2016 | 05:02 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Loving the bad influences.... that took all of four minutes, well played my friend

I'll already be picking up a spare set of rims for the winter tires, so I keep telling myself that if I don't spring for high end forged wheels or buy a full exhaust in the first year I'll be doing really well... but that Kline Inconel system is pretty tempting and the TT has that (sound) as a weak spot. If I weren't figuring it would get a lot more attention from the local LEOs I'd be talking to Jackie about how the new car that cost 40% more than I had originally planned (new C2S-->well optioned TT) will need another $10k+ worth of parts to be good enough... for now... man I'm glad she puts up with me.

I guess cars are better for a happy marriage than hookers and blow or a gambling addiction. Sadly probably no cheaper though - I want a dedicated race car sooner rather than later (like SPB/SPC) and everyone I talk to says Hoosiers are basically just like crack except more expensive...
Old 12-22-2016 | 05:12 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Loving the bad influences.... that took all of four minutes, well played my friend

I'll already be picking up a spare set of rims for the winter tires, so I keep telling myself that if I don't spring for high end forged wheels or buy a full exhaust in the first year I'll be doing really well... but that Kline Inconel system is pretty tempting and the TT has that (sound) as a weak spot. If I weren't figuring it would get a lot more attention from the local LEOs I'd be talking to Jackie about how the new car that cost 40% more than I had originally planned (new C2S-->well optioned TT) will need another $10k+ worth of parts to be good enough... for now... man I'm glad she puts up with me.

I guess cars are better for a happy marriage than hookers and blow or a gambling addiction. Sadly probably no cheaper though - I want a dedicated race car sooner rather than later (like SPB/SPC) and everyone I talk to says Hoosiers are basically just like crack except more expensive...
It's that time of year to set goals for 2017. I do this for my wife and have a lot of "we & us" stuff in the early benchmarks and my toys for achievements after savings and household stuff is squared away. This approach grants me a lot of grace in my spending

Goal number 1 for 2017.... find employment.... sadly haha.

Some things that I am really happy with for not a lot were frunk liner, Frunk lid protector, clear corners and a good cup holder for coffee. Like in my 5 series - most german cars are designed for european size coffee and work well for that. Also have a pair of jackets to keep in the car; I have a cab and sometimes it can get a little chilly at night in the mountains where I like to frequent for weekend getaways.

Most enjoyed mod = exhaust! Get a valved system if LEO is a concern.

Most worth it mod = PPF

YMMV
Old 12-22-2016 | 06:41 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Good idea, I have factory rear tinted and amber side lights. Tinting might be a good little experiment.
Old 12-22-2016 | 09:38 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rk-d
haha, great minds think alike...

One of the most esthetic builds I have ever seen. I would get SPASM or some other means of lowering the ride height (can't tell from the config pictures) do the red leather seat backs, and definitely the window tint. Congratulations, great looking car.
Old 12-22-2016 | 09:48 PM
Benson Lamb
Instructor

Here is my 2Cents, love playing with the configurator !~)
Old 12-22-2016 | 10:11 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I appreciate the advice and reviews.

I hadn't thought about frunk items and will have to look into them. The clear markers and PPF are coming on the car and the cup holder is something I'm kicking around too as the only time I think the factory ones restrain drinks well is when the car is parked. Probably also going to get a painted or carbon key trim just for fun.

We planned to get rims sometime next year and just put Alpins on the OE wheels this first (partial) winter season. And I know I'll love a nice exhaust but at this point I think I'll probably wait on those two items and have something to look forward to. I'll get them in due time and for now the new car will have me grinning from ear to ear!
Old 12-22-2016 | 10:24 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

rk-d, have you considered adding the carbon mirrors? I have seen them on a GT silver TT and they looked great. They would compliment your build with all the black accents. Your build looks great btw.
Old 12-22-2016 | 10:26 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
What makes me laugh is that on lower end cars from the 80's and 90's, black trim screamed "cheap!". It was ALWAYS a cost extra to upgrade (either stand alone or through trim level) to upgrade your mirrors, handles, etc. to painted.

Now we get painted and pay to get black.

What a world.

In other news...not for me. But it's your car. Do what makes you happy!
I guess people just don't like the "default setting" from the factory. Those rear letters are chrome we want them black. The window trims are black we want to make them chrome...
Old 12-22-2016 | 11:06 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

My car is similar to what you're considering, so some real pictures in the thread below may help you better than the configurator. Silver (rhodium), black/Bordeaux, and black accents (pdls+, tinted tailights, black Porsche logo, black wheels). I thought about the black door handles like you are, but I decided against them for the reason someone mentioned earlier in this thread - they may look cheap. They may not but I couldn't see them in person. I'd love to add the black ambers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9645...d-modesta.html
Old 12-22-2016 | 11:23 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SkandoSchwabe
One of the most esthetic builds I have ever seen. I would get SPASM or some other means of lowering the ride height (can't tell from the config pictures) do the red leather seat backs, and definitely the window tint. Congratulations, great looking car.
Thanks! The car has Premium plus w/PDLS+, SPASM, RWS, Sport chrono, sport design package, Bordeaux interior with carbon trim.

Originally Posted by Northern 911
rk-d, have you considered adding the carbon mirrors? I have seen them on a GT silver TT and they looked great. They would compliment your build with all the black accents. Your build looks great btw.
I did, but with the tint, I thought the black would get too much

Originally Posted by trice9
My car is similar to what you're considering, so some real pictures in the thread below may help you better than the configurator. Silver (rhodium), black/Bordeaux, and black accents (pdls+, tinted tailights, black Porsche logo, black wheels). I thought about the black door handles like you are, but I decided against them for the reason someone mentioned earlier in this thread - they may look cheap. They may not but I couldn't see them in person. I'd love to add the black ambers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9645...d-modesta.html
Beautiful car, love the Targa - GT silver and red interior is just a classic look.

Thanks all for the feedback - the build was submitted. It's v170, so will have to clear Porsche. I need to find out the freeze date. It's a little scary not seeing any real world examples, so I may chicken out on the handles in the end. I do think it works, but it's a gamble. Are door handles expensive to replace?

Old 12-23-2016 | 02:24 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rk-d
Thanks! The car has Premium plus w/PDLS+, SPASM, RWS, Sport chrono, sport design package, Bordeaux interior with carbon trim.

I did, but with the tint, I thought the black too much

Beautiful car, love the Targa - GT silver and red interior is just a classic look.

Thanks all for the feedback - the build was submitted. It's v170, so will have to clear Porsche. I need to find out the freeze date. It's a little scary not seeing any real world examples, so I may chicken out on the handles in the end. I do think it works, but it's a gamble. Are door handles expensive to replace?

Looks stunning!
Old 12-23-2016 | 02:42 AM
randr
Banned

glass electric sunroof - to complete the black contrast

Quick Reply: Am I crazy for liking this...