Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying advice req - 991.1 Carrera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016 | 11:12 AM
gearboxtrouble
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
I believe there are still a few new GTS sitting on dealer floors. I would probably be looking at one of those instead of a preowned ones. That's just me. I know a lot of you disagree but I would pay a little more for a new one if I were in the market.
I haven't been able to find any new ones yet. In some ways I'd almost prefer a CPO. Let somebody else take the 30% year 1 nut kick and get a 6 year warranty (and maybe even some new rears). I'm currently working a few low 103-105k bids on cpo cars with under 10k miles. I'm not in any rush and will wait for the dealers to engage 5-10% under their listing prices.
Old 12-17-2016 | 11:16 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Man, I'd be shocked if there was a new GTS still on the lot. Only way, IMO, would be either it's yellow (no offense, Bemo, but there's a reason you got such a deep discount), or the dealer succumbed to "Last NA Carrera" dreams and priced it at MSRP+.

I don't ever look at what's for sale, so I'm going only on speculation, not on knowledge of the market.
Old 12-17-2016 | 01:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Man, I'd be shocked if there was a new GTS still on the lot. Only way, IMO, would be either it's yellow (no offense, Bemo, but there's a reason you got such a deep discount), or the dealer succumbed to "Last NA Carrera" dreams and priced it at MSRP+.

I don't ever look at what's for sale, so I'm going only on speculation, not on knowledge of the market.
There are 11 new GTS's on Cars.com right now and there were a bunch more in Porsche dealer inventory a month or so ago when I was searching for a leftover 4S. There are also a lot of very low mileage used ones out there.
Old 12-17-2016 | 02:08 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Archimedes
There are 11 new GTS's on Cars.com right now
So unless they're all Yellow, I have to assume it's the second explanation.

Well, I hope they hold out long enough to get $150k for them!
Old 12-17-2016 | 02:55 PM
Bemo
Drifting

What's with hating on yellow? Or do you buy SAs' BS that it's a hard color to move? Could have sold mine already and, if anything, it makes the car look more exotic than it really is!
Old 12-17-2016 | 02:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Couple lava's but no yellows IIRC. Some whites and blacks. There also 60+ lightly used ones out there. If someone really wants a .1 GTS, they should have no trouble finding one.
Old 12-17-2016 | 03:18 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bemo
What's with hating on yellow? Or do you buy SAs' BS that it's a hard color to move? Could have sold mine already and, if anything, it makes the car look more exotic than it really is!
I dcnt personally hate yellow -- but that doesn't matter one way or the other. The market provides 1 person seeking yellow for every fifty seeking non-yellow. Which makes for the type of discounts you enjoyed. And it means that not many dealers will floorplan a yellow car at this price range.

It's all good -- as long as you're happy and you got a great deal, what's not to love?
Old 12-17-2016 | 03:30 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble
I haven't been able to find any new ones yet. In some ways I'd almost prefer a CPO. Let somebody else take the 30% year 1 nut kick and get a 6 year warranty (and maybe even some new rears). I'm currently working a few low 103-105k bids on cpo cars with under 10k miles. I'm not in any rush and will wait for the dealers to engage 5-10% under their listing prices.
That isn't really 30%. Most builds are around $125 msrp. If someone received 6% off on a new sale they likely purchased for like $117 or so. Your looking to purchase a car at around 10% less than that isn't 30%. See where I'm going? The GTS seems to be holding pretty well and if you make a deal on a new one it seems much better to me.
Old 12-17-2016 | 04:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
That isn't really 30%. Most builds are around $125 msrp. If someone received 6% off on a new sale they likely purchased for like $117 or so. Your looking to purchase a car at around 10% less than that isn't 30%. See where I'm going? The GTS seems to be holding pretty well and if you make a deal on a new one it seems much better to me.
It's okay to drink the Kool Aid, but selling it is another story...

Quick Reply: Buying advice req - 991.1 Carrera GTS