Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

value drop after pdk replacement cpo

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 607 Posts

LOL...I mean you are literally unbolting the old tranny and replacing it with the latest and greatest unit with all the updates. If anything it should increase the value. Especially since the work was done under warranty and at a dealer. WALK

As a buyer, I would prefer to have the newer tranny that was sourced and installed by a dealer.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:59 PM
TimboCarrera
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for all the response reference my concern. With the affirmation I've received here new dialogue has started with this dealer and I'm contacting other dealers for a trade on a different car. However after driving my current car with the latest software for a few hundred miles the characteristics are quite good. I'm beginning to think the previous pdk unit was never right or the latest software is just head and shoulders above the previous version. I'm new to the 911 and not knowing any better I plead quilty to being in the category of thinking the rest of the car is bad since the tranny went bad. That was the motivation for looking at other cars and started while the car was broke and at the selling dealer waiting on a response from Germany. I'm open to any version of the 991 but was really happy with my colors and base 991. It's really all the power I can use for my area. Just part of me now doubts the car but it seems from the comments here my concern is amiss.
Also worth mentioning is the great relationship I've had so far not only with the sales staff but also maintenance. I was given a loaner, car was towed properly and this has cost me nothing other than time.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:49 AM
steve9
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

I just pity those poor early 991 GT3 owners who had a complete engine replacement. Imagine the loss on trade-in!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Time for a new dealer. Then drive in to show them the new car once you get it.

Quick Reply: value drop after pdk replacement cpo