Red interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:39 PM
bpaxk8
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red interior

Hi guys

This is my frist thread as I am a new member in this forum.

To cut a long story short, I might consider moving from my BMW 650xi to a C4S and have many questions, some of them found answers in this very rich forum.

Having prepared a configuration with a red interior (for a white outside color) my question is related to this red color.

Anyone who has a red interior could please give his opinion regarding how this color survive over years. Or would it be better to opt for a darker color?

I have to say that no kid, no pet is coming in my cars and that I am someone who is extremely careful and whi really takes care of my car, sort of maniac person

Thanks for your feedback and cheers from a sunny Switzerland
Old 11-20-2016, 12:58 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bpaxk8
Hi guys

This is my frist thread as I am a new member in this forum.

To cut a long story short, I might consider moving from my BMW 650xi to a C4S and have many questions, some of them found answers in this very rich forum.

Having prepared a configuration with a red interior (for a white outside color) my question is related to this red color.

Anyone who has a red interior could please give his opinion regarding how this color survive over years. Or would it be better to opt for a darker color?

I have to say that no kid, no pet is coming in my cars and that I am someone who is extremely careful and whi really takes care of my car, sort of maniac person

Thanks for your feedback and cheers from a sunny Switzerland
My car now has 7000 miles on it and the Black-Carrera Red interior looks like new. It is immaculate. I bought the car used at 4500 miles (looked like new then) and I protected the leather with a product called Dr Beasley's Leather Lock. I wear dark trousers and jeans, but have not seen any marks or dye transfer. I do have my car wash guy clean and seal the leather every 8 weeks.

You sound as careful as me so I think you will have no problems at all with the Red.

Plus if you are buying a newer car you will get Burgundy instead of Carrera Red. Burgundy is a darker red to start with so your risk is minimal.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Loud223
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome bpaxk8, you're going to love this forum. I personally love the red interior. It will be stunning with the white exterior.
Oh and we're all maniacal when it come to our rides.:thumb up
Old 11-20-2016, 01:07 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I checked out a '12.5 with an all-red interior and 20k miles recently.

The interior was in very good shape, but check it out in person before ordering. I love black/red interiors, but did not care for the all-red look.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:18 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
I checked out a '12.5 with an all-red interior and 20k miles recently.

The interior was in very good shape, but check it out in person before ordering. I love black/red interiors, but did not care for the all-red look.
They don't make the all-red look any more. They now make a Black-Burgundy two-tone.

Also back with the 991.1 they had 2 red interiors - the all red natural red interior (which was a cleaning nightmare because natural leather is unprotected) and the black-carrera red two-tone which is a protected semi-aniline leather which looks stunning. Here's mine.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:41 PM
steve9
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
They don't make the all-red look any more. They now make a Black-Burgundy two-tone.

Also back with the 991.1 they had 2 red interiors - the all red natural red interior (which was a cleaning nightmare because natural leather is unprotected) and the black-carrera red two-tone which is a protected semi-aniline leather which looks stunning. Here's mine.

You can still select the all Bordeaux red interior buts it's too much red IMO especially the steering wheel. I guess that's why Porsche introduced the two tone black/red for those who like red seats but not the full works.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

I had all red on a 997 GTS Cab. It feels very special. I had the car 4 years and never get tired of it. To the contrary, now when I'm car shopping, I find myself ruling out other cars due to boring interiors:. Hmmmm, black, beige, black, beige, agate. No thanks. Gotta be red. Just sold a GT4 and getting a barely used Spyder. One of the big attractions, besides the top, is the classic Spyder Interior. If you like the red already, you'll love it when you own it. IMO.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

OP, any light interior will require more upkeep to remain clean vs a darker one. Having said that, red isn't too bad compared to tan or the lighter grays.

Suggest you get a good leather product like Leather Masters. You will be fine. And compared to a 6 series......night and day difference.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:16 PM
bpaxk8
Track Day

Guys

Seven answers in less than two hours ������
Thank you so much

Will probably go the red version �� Decision soon, will keep you informed

All the best
Old 11-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Love my wife's all red

Much better than black / red
Attached Images    
Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

IMO the red interior is the only way to go with a white car. It looks so much better with some color in there to spice it up.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:49 PM
bpaxk8
Track Day

Agree. Look really different
Old 11-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

bpaxk8,

Just got a 17 GT silver C2S with two tone black/bordeaux red leather interior with deviated red stitching. This is my first red leather interior and I was a bit worried about it until I saw it in person. It makes the car feel special and unique as stated above because it is not a common color like black or beige and I didn't like grey. Gives the car some character.

I do not find that it is too much red with the two tone combination.

Here is the link to my purchase thread...pics are the best but will give you some idea of how the two tone looks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9624...991-2-c2s.html

Here is an interesting car care thread from a car detailer I like with regard to leather car seats and their care.
http://www.best-auto-detailing-tips....ther-care.html
Old 11-20-2016, 08:46 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Love my wife's all red

Much better than black / red
To each their own. I, and others, would disagree.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:57 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

bpaxk8, I've had black/Garnet Red since April 2015, closing in on 10,000 miles. It's perforated for the cooled seats. I've done nothing to it since purchase except vacuum the crap out of it ever week or two. Looks like the day I got it when it's clean. (In case you didn't pick up on my subtle clues, I'm not a fanatic about the car's non-mechanical care. It's there to serve me, not I it.) My wife has a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with 82k miles (she doesn't care about cars at all and won't replace one till she absolutely has to.) Decent leather seats and dash. It has received zero treatment, feeding, cleaning, etc. over its life. Still looks great.

Which is not to try and convince anyone else to not obsess over their seats -- we all have our hobbies and that's as good a one as any other. But if you didn't want to mess with the seats, they tend to stay fine for a long time.

Quick Reply: Red interior