Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche ownership, Cash or Finance?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016 | 12:50 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Okay, so you're saying that the interest on $10,000 (a first class ticket) is pocket change, but the interest on $120,000 (a 911) is real money that should be invested.

Others are saying the interest on both 10,000 and 120,000 is pocket change and the freedom of buying something and being done with it is well worth the hundreds or thousands that could be made on the spread.

I'm not arguing that either is right; I'm simply negating the idea you hold that you are enlightened and those who choose to enjoy the simplicity of buying and being done with it are somehow fearful and missing out on this great earning opportunity. Sure, there are people out there who are terrified of debt and would never use it; it's just that I doubt many people like that are buying 991s.

It would reflect positively on you to revise your overly-simplistic assessment of the motives of cash buyers. Currently it makes you seem like you don't get the fact that some people don't need to trouble themselves to make an extra bit of money on their money, if they'd rather enjoy the simplicity of writing one check and being done.
sorry lost interest in whatever you are saying
Old 11-21-2016 | 12:51 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dmtsc
I'm going to put $50k down and finance the rest which will be about $80k. I'm just average guy but I'll have it paid off within 3 years. I make better percentage on my investments than what it costs to finance so that's why I'm going that route.
Exactly, you get it. Simple arithmetic, really.

and that is the bottom of this rabbit hole.
Old 11-21-2016 | 01:35 PM
JustBud
Race Car

I wish I could pay cash but I can't after putting two kids through college..... so I finance...... I'm just happy to finally have a 911.
Old 11-21-2016 | 01:56 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

I wish there was a way to delete a thread from my recent posts.

I know I have the option to no longer read new posts (which is what I'm doing here as it seems the same thing is being repeated multiple times and often with no tact/diplomacy) - but I find it annoying that it keeps popping up.

Before someone flames me - I am perfectly okay with differing opinions, and I realize that often the written words loses a lot in translation (difficult to detect sarcasm/kidding or easy to come across as judgmental when it wasn't intended).

But sometimes folks are downright rude.
Old 11-21-2016 | 03:09 PM
911seeker
Pro

I see that some financial "experts" are financing their 911s to invest in options / futures... yeah!
Old 11-21-2016 | 03:14 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
I think you can go to your control panel and unsubscribe from the thread.

There is also an 'ignore' feature for those users who are out of line.
Old 11-21-2016 | 03:42 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

I know I have the option to no longer read new posts (which is what I'm doing here as it seems the same thing is being repeated multiple times and often with no tact/diplomacy) - but I find it annoying that it keeps popping up.
Its like a roadside accident....you have to look.

See, you did it again, didn't you.
Old 11-21-2016 | 03:52 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roosell
I think you can go to your control panel and unsubscribe from the thread.

There is also an 'ignore' feature for those users who are out of line.
No need for "ignore users" here. No - cannot unsubscribe from threads in this way. (it was the first thing I checked).

When I go to "my recent posts" it brings up a list of threads where I've posted a comment. Once on the list it seems one cannot remove a thread from that list. I can choose to ignore it but must skip past it.

Originally Posted by Fasttr
Its like a roadside accident....you have to look.

See, you did it again, didn't you.
Yes (but mostly because I thought someone might be able to provide a way to remove from my "recent" list).
Once a thread has beaten the topic to death (I believe this thread qualifies) I've seen mods come in and close them. I know I can choose to ignore and now that I believe no one can tell me how to get rid of this on my list - ignoring is my only option (which is fine). Believe it or not I have no problem passing an accident and NOT looking I usually prefer not to see whatever is going on - especially if ambulances are involved.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2016 | 08:38 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Ultimately, like all things 911, it really just depends on if the car in question is a MT or a PDK.

Quick Reply: Porsche ownership, Cash or Finance?