Sponsored by:

Quick Sports Chrono Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:26 PM
LHR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Sports Chrono Help

Does any one know if the sports chrono gauge is supposed to light up like normal gauges at night? Mine is dark (no light) except for the digital clock shows.

Just wanted to see if this was normal.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 PM
mallocfailure
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

In my Cayman (981) my Sport Chrono clock dial all lights up and looks great at night. I assume it should be the same on a 991.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:19 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine used to light up around the ring until it was replaced. Now not only does it fail to light up, the analog clock always shows 12 noon.

I've been meaning to get that fixed...
Old 10-28-2016, 03:36 PM
P991GTS
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
Mine used to light up around the ring until it was replaced. Now not only does it fail to light up, the analog clock always shows 12 noon.

I've been meaning to get that fixed...
You have to select to have it function as a clock. See the end of this video:

Old 10-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by LHR1
Does any one know if the sports chrono gauge is supposed to light up like normal gauges at night? Mine is dark (no light) except for the digital clock shows.

Just wanted to see if this was normal.

Thanks
Just got back from a night drive and was thinking about your post. The SC gauge appears to have a very slight illumination of the outer ring.... but its so slight I had to really look at it to tell is was not just a reflection of the digital clock display in the gauge. Certainly the numbers and the arms in the SC gauge are not illuminated at all. So other then the digital clock numbers, the SC gauge is pretty dark overall.

Does that sound like what you are seeing.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:29 PM
LHR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly Fasttr, what I see. Mainly a reflection from the digital clock, but remainer of gauge is pretty dark. Figured it would light up, but maybe it's normal.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasttr
Just got back from a night drive and was thinking about your post. The SC gauge appears to have a very slight illumination of the outer ring.... but its so slight I had to really look at it to tell is was not just a reflection of the digital clock display in the gauge. Certainly the numbers and the arms in the SC gauge are not illuminated at all. So other then the digital clock numbers, the SC gauge is pretty dark overall.

Does that sound like what you are seeing.
Originally Posted by LHR1
Exactly Fasttr, what I see. Mainly a reflection from the digital clock, but remainer of gauge is pretty dark. Figured it would light up, but maybe it's normal.
Just went and played with it, and it's definitely lit around the perimeter. Not just a reflection from the digital display.

Interestingly, if you de-select time - chrono, not only does the digital clock turn off and the sweep hand stop, but the whole display goes dark. Strange.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Just went and played with it, and it's definitely lit around the perimeter. Not just a reflection from the digital display.

Interestingly, if you de-select time - chrono, not only does the digital clock turn off and the sweep hand stop, but the whole display goes dark. Strange.
Yeah, it wasn't till I turned the car off and the slight outside rim illumination went away but the clock stayed on for a bit was I convinced that it was actual illumination and not just a reflection from the clock.

Quick Reply: Quick Sports Chrono Help