Sponsored by:

Got ruined at PSDS...want 991.2 in CARMINE RED

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Got ruined at PSDS...want 991.2 in CARMINE RED

Well my trip to Porsche Driving School ruined me. Not only do I love the sound of the twin turbo Carrera S but I love the interior and sport package. Of course I would also like to order one in Carmine Red.

My next favorite color is GT Silver but my wife really loves Sapphire Blue. I like SB but not as much as Red or GT Silver. I wish Guards Red was less....tomatoey. Currently I own a black 14 C2S and it is beautiful when clean but 10 minutes after I wash it...well it is not clean and it is a daily driver. I know I know GT silver would be the best color for a daily driver.

Is this color as beautiful in person as it is in pictures? This car is not optioned as I would like but man is it gorgeous.

https://sun-motor.porschedealer.com/...ine+Red+690553

My wife will kill me if I order one but I loved driving the new Carrera S. LOVED IT. The extra low end torque is fantastic and the thing I miss the most from the prior muscle cars I owned. Also found I liked the black interior better than the luxor I have now and the new GT steering wheel is perfect.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven991
Well my trip to Porsche Driving School ruined me. Not only do I love the sound of the twin turbo Carrera S but I love the interior and sport package. Of course I would also like to order one in Carmine Red.

My next favorite color is GT Silver but my wife really loves Sapphire Blue. I like SB but not as much as Red or GT Silver. I wish Guards Red was less....tomatoey. Currently I own a black 14 C2S and it is beautiful when clean but 10 minutes after I wash it...well it is not clean and it is a daily driver. I know I know GT silver would be the best color for a daily driver.

Is this color as beautiful in person as it is in pictures? This car is not optioned as I would like but man is it gorgeous.

My wife will kill me if I order one but I loved driving the new Carrera S. LOVED IT. The extra low end torque is fantastic and the thing I miss the most from the prior muscle cars I owned. Also found I liked the black interior better than the luxor I have now and the new GT steering wheel is perfect.

If you're going to risk life, limb and marriage better go with SB, it might be your only chance!
Old 10-27-2016, 11:19 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Carmine Red is stunning. I saw one recently at my local dealer with satin black Carrera wheels and it was subtle yet very sexy. SB is also very nice.
Porsche has certainly dialed it in on the 991.2.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 282 Posts

I love Carmine Red, and I've had a lot of Guards cars. Much less 1980s red. Good luck getting what you want!
Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Driven991
Racer

SB is practical for many reasons but I did not like it in person quite as much as I thought I would but it was still very pretty. All the Turbo S 991s at the driving school were SB. The Carrera Ss were all GT silver or Agate Gray.

Hearing chunks of rubber hit the cars while flying down the track and then seeing the tire rubber all over the paint was pretty cool. These .2 cars are really fun to drive at speed.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:47 AM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 684 Likes on 208 Posts

Guards is a bit bright for my tastes, by Carmine Red is very understated and classy - especially with the Luxor Beige on Black full leather. Then again, I've got my eyes on a SB C2S with the rare light grey/black full leather and silver CS wheels. Obviously, aesthetics are subjective, but the latter is my personal favorite.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:01 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,718 Likes on 5,120 Posts

Color is so very subjective. You really need to see both, preferably side by side, to really make an informed decision. Especially a decision that could end up costing you an extra $3k, and many several months more in waiting time.

To my untrained eye, GR is brighter (with a hints of orange) while CR is a bit duller (with hints of blue/gray).

Find a dealer with both cars, and view them side-by-side, and you make the call.

Good luck.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:45 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

No 911's fly under the radar. Someone driving a silver 911 . . . douchebag. Low profile grey on black 911 . . . . douchebag. Classy black on black . . . wow, that dude has taste, douchebag.

I really liked carmine red when it first came out. It's like a Ferrari red which is why I no longer like the color. It's a German car trying to be Italian. Guards Red is an iconic color. Wear it proudly.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

Long live GR.
Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

991.2 C4S Carmine Red Black Interior, leather covered bright trim, Vent Trim in Carmine Red.
Yes it is classy and a little understated.-Richard
Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Driven991
Racer

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Guards is a bit bright for my tastes, by Carmine Red is very understated and classy - especially with the Luxor Beige on Black full leather. Then again, I've got my eyes on a SB C2S with the rare light grey/black full leather and silver CS wheels. Obviously, aesthetics are subjective, but the latter is my personal favorite.

That car is beautiful. Silver wheels set it off.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Driven991
Racer

Originally Posted by daddyscar
No 911's fly under the radar. Someone driving a silver 911 . . . douchebag. Low profile grey on black 911 . . . . douchebag. Classy black on black . . . wow, that dude has taste, douchebag.

I really liked carmine red when it first came out. It's like a Ferrari red which is why I no longer like the color. It's a German car trying to be Italian. Guards Red is an iconic color. Wear it proudly.

One of the things I love about this forum is the subtle just palpable hint of sarcasm and humor...
Old 10-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Driven991
Racer

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Long live GR.
Black and white checkerboard pattern floor here would be perfect. Wish my garage was this uncluttered..
Old 10-28-2016, 11:06 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

One of the things I love about this forum is the subtle just palpable hint of sarcasm and humor...
What's so funny?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:49 PM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
It's a German car trying to be Italian.
I second that. Amazing color but very much Ferrari....

Quick Reply: Got ruined at PSDS...want 991.2 in CARMINE RED