Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porschecrests.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016 | 08:47 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Default Porschecrests.com

<edit> Please do not miss the last few posts so that full comprehension of this matter can be obtained. - Mark in Baltimore.

i recently bought a crest for 300 dollars from porschecrests.com, not sure if that website works but I'm sure you're all familiar with them. I was interested in the crest on the bottom right for my white GTS:
After one month, I got this in the mail instead:

Not only is the metal a copper/bronze color and not nickel or silver as his description suggests, (it is hard to tell by the lighting but I'll take is picture in natural light soon), it's completely scratched. Must've taken a lot of effort to scratch it the way it is, and I'm hard pressed to believe this was recently made as he suggests.. currently working on a refund. Has anyone else dealt with them?

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 11-10-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Edited post in the interest of fairness.
Old 10-15-2016 | 09:11 AM
LexVan
Banned

He's a Rennlister. Some of his work has been posted here already. Looked good from what I saw. I'm sure he'll make good with you. Why the need to take this issue so public, so soon?

I am amazed that he uses the name "PORSCHE" in his business. Stuttgart is very sensitive about that stuff, and crack down hard & fast.
Old 10-15-2016 | 09:19 AM
LexVan
Banned

See post #424:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9181...thread-29.html
Old 10-15-2016 | 09:40 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Thanks for your response. I understand it's early, but I want others to know prior to purchasing what they're getting themselves into. This is false advertising. I ordered a black polished nickel crest and get a used scratched copper crest.

Quite frankly I don't know what series of thoughts occurred his brain that lead him to believe I would be happy with this "craftsmanship". Either he thinks I'm an idiot or he's an idiot. And I don't think he's an idiot; he knows exactly what he's doing.

I thought this was self explanatory by showing the pictures alone, but some people still apparently need an explanation.

Edit: I don't mean to be passive aggressive but let's say for a second that he accepts my return; he has still wasted my time and attempted to deceive me.
Old 10-15-2016 | 10:15 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

He's a fair guy that has a lot of happy customers. I'm one. I assume you are talking about Intrepid Agent as he is known on the forums. He takes original Porsche emblems (used as I recall) and refinishes them in a variety of styles.

I think one problem is that you didn't realize that nickel actually does have a golden tinge as stated in this definition from Wikipedia: "Nickel is a chemical element with symbol Ni and atomic number 28. It is a silvery-white lustrous metal with a slight golden tinge.". In my case I got that one first too then ended up deciding it was a little too golden for my car.

So I contacted the seller and told him I was looking for a more pure silver and we worked out an exchange... it was quite straightforward and easy. Here is a photo of the new crest taken as I was selling the car two years and nearly 16k miles after installing the crest. It still looked as good as new and the new buyer was very pleased with it.

Last edited by StormRune; 10-15-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2016 | 10:37 AM
Geiss
Instructor

I'm sure he has a lot of happy customers. That's not the point though. The pictures look fantastic...but I'm not buying a picture. I'm buying a crest and the crest I received, Is horrible to look at. That's why I provided pictures, as proof.

I could live with the copper color; I realize pictures don't truly show the real color. That's not my main issue.

Its the scratches. The crest was advertised as "polished nickel". There's nothing polished about it. I even provided comparison images. I understand these are refinished crests that are painted etc.
Old 10-15-2016 | 11:04 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

I had some issues, he tried to make it work, it didn't. I called it a loss at the end of the day. It is now on the door in one of my offices.
Old 10-15-2016 | 11:25 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

$300? For that?
Old 10-15-2016 | 12:46 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
$300? For that?
it also came with a steering wheel emblem but I didn't bother opening its packaging to look at it.

Update: He has returned my email and offered a full refund or replacement. Will ship them back and update when I receive a refund.
Old 10-15-2016 | 01:55 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

I've purchase three crests from him and they have all been just what I expected. Here's the latest, it looks like the one you wanted:
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2016 | 02:00 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
I've purchase three crests from him and they have all been just what I expected. Here's the latest, it looks like the one you wanted:

I don't know wtf happened to mine but yours looks great...maybe he made mine in the dark and used a steel pad to clean it? Does yours have a copper color or is it silver and reflective?

better yet, can you take a close up picture in adequate light so I can compare to mine?
Old 10-15-2016 | 02:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LexVan

I am amazed that he uses the name "PORSCHE" in his business. Stuttgart is very sensitive about that stuff, and crack down hard & fast.

It won't last long. They'll be on it faster than ....
Old 10-15-2016 | 02:31 PM
STG
Race Director

What kind of goofy website is this anyway? Seems not legit

http://porschecrests.com

Or does he sell from Facebook?

https://m.facebook.com/Porschecrests...0130604461406/
Old 10-15-2016 | 02:39 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Lol, ye the Facebook site is one way to contact him. I believe he has a Flickr account also.

photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jtyurg/library/Refinished%20Porsche%20Hood%20Crests?sort=6&page=1
Old 10-15-2016 | 02:53 PM
STG
Race Director

I know this guy has a good reputation from everything I've seen and heard. Many people have posted a lot of positive things over the years.

Quick Reply: Porschecrests.com