Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porschecrests.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016 | 02:59 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG
I know this guy has a good reputation from everything I've seen and heard. Many people have posted a lot of positive things over the years.
So far in my correspondence with him he's been totally understanding and apologetic. I feel bad because I came here with my guns blazing but wtf? Who ships an item in that condition and what do they expect?
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:02 PM
LexVan
Banned

^well no company is perfect. It's easy to separate the good ones from the not so good ones during complaint resolution issues like yours.
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Personally, my first reaction would be to try to handle the situation directly with someone rather than making a post about it before giving them a chance to make things right.

Especially someone who has a good reputation I'm here.
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LexVan
^well no company is perfect. It's easy to separate the good ones from the not so good ones during complaint resolution issues like yours.

Yes all companies and businesses make mistakes and aren't perfect. It's all about how you resolve the issues that makes you stand out.

Anyway, enough said from me.
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:08 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
I honestly feel he wasn't involved in development of the crest. He seemed surprised. If that's the case, then I would love to see his work.

i see you edited your post. You're implying I was not tact in dealing with this issue. I agree.
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:32 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
Yes all companies and businesses make mistakes and aren't perfect. It's all about how you resolve the issues that makes you stand out.

Anyway, enough said from me.
^ agree
Old 10-15-2016 | 03:59 PM
Geiss
Instructor

In my defense, I was completely surprised by what I had received in the mail. I fully expected he wasn't going to honor the refund. The logic of that assumption was based on the blatantly poor condition of the item. I can't imagine sending something like that to a buyer and not expecting a return unless you simply werent going to refund it. But I think theres more going on to his business. I don't know him personally so I can't attest to him being a good guy. I was also fully prepared to praise his work.

Either way, I wanted others to know what to expect.. I would hope others would do the same, it promotes constructive changes within the company and halts sales until those changes are made. Brushing issues like this under the rug doesn't help anyone and may not result in increase quality of delivered goods if there are no repercussions.

Last edited by Geiss; 10-15-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2016 | 05:14 PM
RONGLOS
Racer

Originally Posted by Geiss
In my defense, I was completely surprised by what I had received in the mail. I fully expected he wasn't going to honor the refund. The logic of that assumption was based on the blatantly poor condition of the item. I can't imagine sending something like that to a buyer and not expecting a return unless you simply werent going to refund it. But I think theres more going on to his business. I don't know him personally so I can't attest to him being a good guy. I was also fully prepared to praise his work.

Either way, I wanted others to know what to expect.. I would hope others would do the same, it promotes constructive changes within the company and halts sales until those changes are made. Brushing issues like this under the rug doesn't help anyone and may not result in increase quality of delivered goods if there are no repercussions.
Stick to your guns. Lots of intimidation on this site. Many think it is a private club.
Old 10-15-2016 | 05:33 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

[Name redacted] contacted me about his dissatisfaction with the crest we refinished for him yesterday at 11:40 AM (Eastern). I was in the process of travelling to upstate NY on a family matter and sent him an email at 11:30 this morning offering him a replacement piece or a full refund. It appears that the plating solution I used to plate his crest was contaminated and tarnished / turned with a resultant coppery tint. He requested a refund (to include return shipping costs) which I have never refused when someone is unhappy with our work and returns the piece to us.

I didn't see this thread until later this afternoon.

I am a bit unsettled that you chose to vent your frustrations here on Rennlist less than 20 hours after advising me of the issues with your order. I've been a member here since 2005 and a paid vendor (where I pay Internet Brands monthly for a vendor membership) for the past three years on top of that. There are scores of fellow Porsche owners and enthusiasts and Rennlist members who have ordered custom refinished pieces over the past five years and are more than satisfied with our work.

We're sorry that your order was the exception to that rule.

Refinishing custom crests is a "hobby business" for myself and my Daughter and not our "day jobs". Accordingly most of our available time to refinish these pieces is limited to weekends and the occasional weekday evening. What Mr. [Name redacted] neglected to mention is that due to a delay in completing his crest we also refinished a $135 custom filled steering wheel crest for him (at no extra charge). I did not see any comment on the finish of the free custom piece we included in his order other than he hasn't opened it yet?

No one has attempted to "deceive" you nor do we engage in any "false advertising". We sent a defective piece and have offered him a full refund to include shipping charges. We again apologize for any inconvenience.

We'd also like to sincerely thank our prior customers who have replied to this thread expressing their satisfaction with the custom pieces we've refinished for them.

Best Regards: Jim

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-15-2016 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Removed personal information. Please do not post names without written permission of the individual.
Old 10-15-2016 | 06:22 PM
joeyrocks
Advanced

Originally Posted by RONGLOS
Stick to your guns. Lots of intimidation on this site. Many think it is a private club.
+1 - POTD folks

As for the business, not only should a simple refund suffice but it seems that a substantial amount of time on your end has been wasted. Sorry to hear and hopefully PorscheCrests does not allow any further customers to receive **** products.
Old 10-15-2016 | 06:31 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Ronglos and joeyrocks. Thanks for the support...
Old 10-15-2016 | 07:01 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
I've purchase three crests from him and they have all been just what I expected. Here's the latest, it looks like the one you wanted:
That looks amazing!
Old 10-15-2016 | 07:04 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geiss
So much for anonymity....I don't feel sorry for you or your business. Nor do I owe you anything. You mess something up I'll call you on it. If you want my respect, earn it. You were more than happy to take my money and send me a piece of junk metal not worth more than 2 cents; that speaks volumes of your character. So quit playing the victim card, it's sickening.
Seems like you were quick to shoot from the hip. Couldn't even wait a day? I get that the product wasn't what you expected and get that you should be entitled to a refund, but mistakes happen. The vendor doesn't need your respect. The fact that you believe he does is ridiculous. It's a simple business transaction for the purchase of an emblem that resulted in a simple quality control error that the vendor was willing to correct. If he wasn't willing to correct it, I'd understand, but you did a good job of making yourself look unreasonable, not the vendor. Get over yourself.
Old 10-15-2016 | 07:12 PM
BigRed911
Instructor

Sorty guys. How can that crest be shipped to customer? It clearly should not have by the looks of it and the scratches etc.
I support the customer on this one.
Old 10-15-2016 | 07:28 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Folks, I am closing this thread. The way I see it, the vendor made a mistake and corrected it promptly. Is it reasonable to expect more?

Regards,

Quick Reply: Porschecrests.com