Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered on 20s

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 598 Posts

991.1 C2S, SPASM, PDCC, SC on TechArt Lowering Springs for the past year.

Zero issues, and the ride height is PERFECT blend between styling and clearance.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,902 Posts

What is that on top of your rear wheel arch?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:05 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I've seen those lips on the Suncoast web site.

Here:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991RQTRM.html

Last edited by LexVan; 09-30-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
It's actually just a little extension of the rear fender. It's an OEM option in Japan, I travel to Tokyo quite a bit and thought it was a unique little option I saw on local 991's during my time in Japan.

My subtle way of making my 991 a little different.

Not sure I Would do it again though.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:37 AM
amre
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Install Completed

Thank you all for the feedback. I did complete the install and will start another thread about my experience with the installer (wonderful shop).

The car is lowered with TechArt Springs and I installed 15mm spacers up front and 7mm spacers in the back. Alignment is set up more towards track so I'm running -2 camber up front and -1.5 in the back. Otherwise, it's within factory specs on tow and caster.

Here are a few pics.
Attached Images     
Old 09-30-2016, 11:09 AM
porsche_love
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amre
Thank you all for the feedback. I did complete the install and will start another thread about my experience with the installer (wonderful shop).

The car is lowered with TechArt Springs and I installed 15mm spacers up front and 7mm spacers in the back. Alignment is set up more towards track so I'm running -2 camber up front and -1.5 in the back. Otherwise, it's within factory specs on tow and caster.

Here are a few pics.

Very nicely done, I love an OEM+ setup.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:38 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Well done! How does it feel compared to the stock setup?
Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 AM
amre
Advanced

Thanks porsche_love!

jimbo, the ride in "comfort chassis" mode feels almost the same as stock comfort mode when I'm not pushing the car. However, it corners much flatter, steering response is quicker, and it feels more stable at high speeds and in long high speed sweeps. In "sport chassis" mode, it's an animal! Everything gets tighter and quicker. It corners extremely flat yet absorbs bad roads very well.

The car was equipped with standard PASM and I felt that it was very nice to drive but I needed to set it in "sport chassis" most of the times even for daily driving because in "comfort chassis" it was a bit too soft for spirited driving. My goal with the TechArt springs was to be able to use the car daily in "comfort chassis" mode and only need the "sport chassis" mode on the track. This is EXACTLY what the TechArt springs did. Now, in "comfort chassis" mode the car is docile at normal speed but very responsive and flat at spirited driving. The "sport chassis" mode is best for the track!
Old 09-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Most people do 15mm in the rear and 7mm in the front. It's interesting that the 991.2 guys are doing it opposite.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:16 PM
amre
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joec500
Most people do 15mm in the rear and 7mm in the front. It's interesting that the 991.2 guys are doing it opposite.
I ordered the spacers to do exactly what you said, but after they were mounted it was very clear that it will not work. We swapped front to rear and it fit perfectly flush as you see in the pictures. In fact, if I took out the negative camber, it would be even more flush.

I believe the main reason that the 991.2 is different is that it comes with an 11.5" wheel in the rear rather than 11" as the 991.1

I'm not sure if there are other differences in wheel offset between the .1 and .2
Old 09-30-2016, 10:00 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Thanks porsche_love!

jimbo, the ride in "comfort chassis" mode feels almost the same as stock comfort mode when I'm not pushing the car. However, it corners much flatter, steering response is quicker, and it feels more stable at high speeds and in long high speed sweeps. In "sport chassis" mode, it's an animal! Everything gets tighter and quicker. It corners extremely flat yet absorbs bad roads very well.

The car was equipped with standard PASM and I felt that it was very nice to drive but I needed to set it in "sport chassis" most of the times even for daily driving because in "comfort chassis" it was a bit too soft for spirited driving. My goal with the TechArt springs was to be able to use the car daily in "comfort chassis" mode and only need the "sport chassis" mode on the track. This is EXACTLY what the TechArt springs did. Now, in "comfort chassis" mode the car is docile at normal speed but very responsive and flat at spirited driving. The "sport chassis" mode is best for the track!
Thats what I told you. Sounds like you nailed it. Would like to know if the steering wheel feels like it wants to dart while driving straight? Usually it's common to dial in the toe by 1 to 2 mm when setting the camber out on the front and rear wheels but if your not experiencing anything than leave it alone.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:23 AM
amre
Advanced

Drives straight without issues at all. The only thing I noticed is that wet traction is a bit compromised, especially in corners. The rear breaks traction now a bit more easily when the roads are wet but it's rather predictable and easily corrected. I may end up taking out the negative camber from the rear and running a slight negative camber in the front only.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:15 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Drives straight without issues at all. The only thing I noticed is that wet traction is a bit compromised, especially in corners. The rear breaks traction now a bit more easily when the roads are wet but it's rather predictable and easily corrected. I may end up taking out the negative camber from the rear and running a slight negative camber in the front only.
Makes sense. The wheels actually lose traction on anything less than 90% on the g scale. Unless your pushing the car hard there is absolutely no reason to alter the geometry.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Tom Andrulis
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few pics.
Spacers look great! Where did you get them?
Old 05-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Aaronr
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

Your car looks so good! I think I may get Sport Techno wheels and copy your look.

I have similar but with HRE now.

For the sake of the conversation, I have SPASM and rub lip slightly in and out of driveway.

Aaron

Originally Posted by Joec500
991.1 C2S, SPASM, PDCC, SC on TechArt Lowering Springs for the past year.

Zero issues, and the ride height is PERFECT blend between styling and clearance.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Lowered on 20s