Sponsored by:

Pending purchase thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:01 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
But then what about the 991.2 refresh? Or the 991.3?

It never ends.
I agree here. I kept waiting year after year update after update for the right time. Life is too short get what you want and if something better comes along that you love...trade it in. Like you said it is an expensive habit.

You are splitting hairs here they are all great and will all put a smile on your face.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:46 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Interesting to hear the various opinions and outlooks of others here. Congratulations to you on the new GTS!

I did something similar to the OP. I wanted a 911 but had never owned a Porsche and couldn't see buying new on the change I'd dislike it and lose a decent pile of money replacing it in short order. I found a great deal on a used (also black) 997 GTS MT and bought it right away. I really enjoyed it for a year - it was a great car. I then sold it for a small loss while ordering a new 911 that I plan to keep a long time. And because I owned it, my order is very different from what it would have been a year ago. I bought a TT instead of a GT3 - not sure 911s get much more different!

If I don't keep the incoming new car for a long time I'll probably start going CPO and do that for the following few cars - in that case I would have proven buying new to spec wasn't worth the premium for me and more changeover is better than a more perfect spec. But if I do keep it a long while (as I expect), then I'll keep ordering to spec when the time comes and paying my money. By significantly lengthening ownership periods, it would be both cheaper and more fun to order each car.

I certainly don't fit the buy new off the lot group for 911s, but I expect many that do that don't spend time talking about their cars on forums.

Quick Reply: Pending purchase thoughts