Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 GTS and 991.2 S

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:34 AM
RickIrons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend getting the carbon trim for the interior. It looks fantastic. I had the standard trimming on my 991.1 and got the carbon for the .2 - huge improvement.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:07 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

So many $'s in options, but missing one that I think greatly improves the interior of the 991's... Leather interior.

Go sit in a leather-interior and standard-interior-leather-seats-only car back-to-back and see if you agree.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:00 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have stated, Guards Red dials might be tough to see clearly with a red needle. I was in a similar position but with black/garnet red interior. Evenetually, I went with the default black dials in the end because of the reason mentioned and secondly because the guards red was different to garnet red.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:08 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks guys
Old 08-19-2016, 04:13 AM
RickIrons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leather interior is a must. The default plastic only makes sense on a pure track car.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:01 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
So many $'s in options, but missing one that I think greatly improves the interior of the 991's... Leather interior.

Go sit in a leather-interior and standard-interior-leather-seats-only car back-to-back and see if you agree.
I own both in 18 way seats and frankly I can't tell the difference.
My C4S is a daily driver for winters and I didn't want all leather, in fact it has Porsche rubber mats installed right out of the Dealership.
I had my interior trim leather covered versas carbon. I had originally specced carbon including the steering wheel but feedback I got was the wheel was slippery, so went to leather covered trim and wheel.
But order what You like, there is no one right way to go!-Richard
BTW, I'd stay with the red dials, that's really sharp!
Old 08-19-2016, 06:57 PM
joshg120
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have guards red dials in ours and I do not find them hard to read, I would recommend them
Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 PM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have gone back and rechecked a few things based on some of the feedback

(1) dials in red - this is definitely OK and looks good - I confirmed this by checking the same gauge cluster at the dealers - the orange on red is very visible.

(2) I thought long and hard about the leather interior - keep in mind I own a GTS with leather and alcantara - with this interior I have found the leather picks up a lot of marks - largely from sun screen (Australia) - I actually found the standard interior to be pretty good and from a wear perspective may prove the best choice for my conditions.

(3) The moon roof - a request from my wife lose a battle to win a war

(4) Perhaps the most interesting decision for me was to say no to PDCC. I have only driven with this on a last generation S and on track - to me at least, it did not feel natural and seemed to generate mid corner understeer - being fair I probably needed to modify my entry speeds and add a bit more trail braking - nontheless it left me sufficiently uncertain that I left that tick box blank.

(5) Carbon trim - I came and went on this (also I have this as standard in a VA STI) and couldn't square the circle, perhaps to much texture for me.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:45 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 63 Posts

Great choice and even better looking spec! I would also consider leather steering column and red deviated stitching if you want some contrast with the dials and color. Just my 2 cents. Overall your going to have a killer machine. Cheers!

Quick Reply: 981 GTS and 991.2 S