n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Waze Bluetooth fix

This is the long version of what KenTO said:
1. Go to the Waze app and hit the magnifying glass on the lower left
2. push the cogwheel button that comes up on the upper right for settings
3. Go to Sound, under advanced settings
4. Turn "prefer Bluetooth" to off, and "play sound to phone speaker" to on.

You will either need to turn your phone volume all the way up, and listen to alerts over the phone, or if you listen to music through your phone (Pandora, music stored in the phone) Waze will mute the music and announce the alerts over the car speakers.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:13 AM
TheEngineer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger
This is the long version of what KenTO said:
1. Go to the Waze app and hit the magnifying glass on the lower left
2. push the cogwheel button that comes up on the upper right for settings
3. Go to Sound, under advanced settings
4. Turn "prefer Bluetooth" to off, and "play sound to phone speaker" to on.

You will either need to turn your phone volume all the way up, and listen to alerts over the phone, or if you listen to music through your phone (Pandora, music stored in the phone) Waze will mute the music and announce the alerts over the car speakers.
+1
Screen shot of the setup page:

Old 08-03-2016, 10:56 PM
t0mas
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys - the answer is not in the WAZE settings....the solution is actually quite simple....with a caveat.

You need to connect your iPhone via cable (plugged into the USB in the glovebox) and select "iPhone" as the source in PCM. Now WAZE will play directly though the car speakers without Bluetooth connecting as if a call coming in. The only limitation is that your sound source is now your iPhone and not the radio.

I leave the play via bluetooth setting on in WAZE for cases where I don't plug in the phone (short trip, etc).
Old 08-04-2016, 04:16 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by t0mas
Guys - the answer is not in the WAZE settings....the solution is actually quite simple....with a caveat. You need to connect your iPhone via cable (plugged into the USB in the glovebox) and select "iPhone" as the source in PCM. Now WAZE will play directly though the car speakers without Bluetooth connecting as if a call coming in. The only limitation is that your sound source is now your iPhone and not the radio. I leave the play via bluetooth setting on in WAZE for cases where I don't plug in the phone (short trip, etc).
Not so simple. This recommendation assumes we want the iPhone to be the source, which I don't. The problem described is new and is likely due to a recent software upgrade associated with the phone and or the waze app.

Quick Reply: .1 PCM Waze Question