Anyone running Kumho PS91 on their 991?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:45 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
maybe op should take one for the team and report back, so to speak LOL
LOL, i might - they are 1/2 the price of the MPSS, so may just give them a shot since it's my DD anyway.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:37 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Reporting back, i tested the Kumho, it was really quiet and I liked that, but it feels the road like the tires are made of plastic, so the steering vibration was so bad at high speed on bumpy highway. It also flat spot easily, leave it for 2-3 days not driving it, it rides like a horse for the first 5-10miles. I returned them and got a set of MPSS instead. The MPSS was so loud compare to the Kumho that I had to up a few notch on the stereo compare to what it was with the Kumho. The road noise is pretty bad compare to the Kumho, but much better than the PZero

The Kumho starts at 7.8/32nd, so it has less thread to begin with, in all, i don't think you are saving a ton. In the whole process, I lost ~$300 (for non-refundable shipping and multiple mount balance). Not sure if I got a bad set, but I am not going to F'ed around the 2nd time with amount of money lost for nothing
The following users liked this post:
porscheprestige (05-22-2024)
Old 08-16-2016, 12:05 PM
myamymy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Reporting back, i tested the Kumho, it was really quiet and I liked that, but it feels the road like the tires are made of plastic, so the steering vibration was so bad at high speed on bumpy highway. It also flat spot easily, leave it for 2-3 days not driving it, it rides like a horse for the first 5-10miles. I returned them and got a set of MPSS instead. The MPSS was so loud compare to the Kumho that I had to up a few notch on the stereo compare to what it was with the Kumho. The road noise is pretty bad compare to the Kumho, but much better than the PZero

The Kumho starts at 7.8/32nd, so it has less thread to begin with, in all, i don't think you are saving a ton. In the whole process, I lost ~$300 (for non-refundable shipping and multiple mount balance). Not sure if I got a bad set, but I am not going to F'ed around the 2nd time with amount of money lost for nothing
Thanks for the update
Old 08-16-2016, 12:18 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,395 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
It also flat spot easily, leave it for 2-3 days not driving it, it rides like a horse for the first 5-10miles.
My Kumhos did this on my 993. An extra 2 PSI fixed that, never to reoccur.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
My Kumhos did this on my 993. An extra 2 PSI fixed that, never to reoccur.
I think this had to do with the low profile. I had Kumho tires in the past with 55/60 series and they were awesome, never had any issue, which is why i didn't hesitate to give this a shot. I highly suspect I might have just gotten a bad set, but Roadforce checked out fine and not out-of-round, so I guess it's just not as good quality as they claim. I won't hesitate to give this another shot when i find a good set of 19"
Old 05-22-2024, 03:49 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Has anybody finally tried them ?
It's 8 years later !

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyd...ion-kumho.html
Old 05-22-2024, 04:32 PM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
It's 8 years later !

Not going to ever put myself through that **** again. Would be nice to hear if anyone tried 🙂 Falken seems like an option but the Kumho PTSD reminds me not to bother.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:37 PM
subaru335i
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
It's 8 years later !

I haven't tried them on my 911 but I have used 3-4 sets of them on my CTS-V and have really liked them. I go through tires so quickly on the V because it has so much damn torque I can't help myself lol so the cost savings over the Michelins is worth it to me.
They are sticky and quiet and do well in the rain, I have no complaints.
Old 05-23-2024, 06:22 PM
SpartanSD
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Likewise; I had a set on a MINI Cooper S and thought they were pretty good, but wore quickly. I replaced them with Conti Extreme Contact DW and it was not an improvement. Seriously considering them for the 991, especially at half the price of the most popular alternative.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Kumho PS91 on their 991?