Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Owners - Thoughts, Likes, Dislikes, Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:09 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I have about 250 miles on my 991.2 C2S and this is such a fantastic vehicle. I'm one of those die hard N/A guys now converted to loving this boosted 3.0. The turbo in this car is so much fun I look forward to hearing the burbles, pops, and the immediate spool noise on throttle with the windows down.

Its too early for dislikes or regrets but if I had a little more in my budget I'd probably do the nose lift. I opted SPASM and it isn't super low but the front lip extends the nose where there is less angle clearance on driveways. Hope this makes sense.

Otherwise the car far exceeded my expectations. Still getting used to the NAV and coming from a 2012 Cayenne S w/bose my ears tell me this bose is better..

Stephen
Old 07-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Ryan_S
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First 911 here also! I've had my 991.2 S in Miami Blue for about 2 weeks, so far I'm very much in love with it. Came previously out of an e92 M3, and this car feels so much faster and more refined in every possible way. I was going to initially get a manual but after testing the PDK I was extremely impressed with it compared to the DCT in the m3.

I've previously not been a fan of turbos, had a 335is for about 4 months and it drove me absolutely nuts with turbo lag and traded it for the m3. However the lag fairly minimal in the 991.2 and it feels quite a bit different in the response from the 991.1s I've driven. I do like the rush of power from ~6k+ in the .1 but I'm pretty happy with the low end torque compensation. The rear axle steering is pretty awesome as well, really happy they brought that down the line.

The exhaust sound is a bit disappointing, even with the PSE. I've been considering exhaust options, as I had an awesome sound with the m3 that I do miss a bit. The Bose system is also very disappointing.

Overall I'm super happy with the car so far. Miami blue is amazing as well, it's what sold the wife on the car and everyone loves it (at least so they say)

Last edited by Ryan_S; 07-30-2016 at 12:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bmrtneau (07-13-2019)
Old 07-29-2016, 10:39 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 64 Posts

Love the C2S! Next time I'll get the 4S, leather door sills, 18 power way sport seats (I have 4 way power sports seats), A/C seats. That's it. Glad I went with full leather and deviated stitching. The PSE and PDK are brilliant!
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The seats are not AC. The fan pulls air from the cabin down to take away moisture. No active cooling.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:29 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also hard to operate VOICE CONTROL and Siri on my '16 GTS . She just doesn't understand me !!
Old 07-30-2016, 02:04 AM
pawnstar
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Have 600 miles on my base C2 with 7 speed manual. Like it a lot, don't love it, yet, warming up to it though.

I disabled Apple Car Play after trying it out for about an hour. Using car's PCM OS instead, much simpler and no interruptions and gets the job done just the same.

Not loving the frunk. Reluctant to open close it for fear of damaging the fragile lightweight hood, damaging the paint around emblem. So I end up putting groceries and stuff on the passenger seat/floor. items that I use frequently, like my gym bag, sneakers, tennis racquet, I throw in the back seat. 👎🏼

Took the car to Lime Rock a few weekends ago, the hour or so highway drive was a bit tiresome, hard seat, not much space to stretch legs, no place to put a cold 1l water bottle other than hand it to the passenger to hold. 👎🏼

Forced to constantly use AC at highway speeds, lowering one or more windows results in ear damaging wind fluttering and buffeting, same with sunroof. Passenger immediately complained to roll it back up. Not noticeable as much at lower speeds but I love driving with fresh air and hate AC, so it's a major annoyance. 👎🏼👎🏼

Once out on CT's great back roads, the annoyances are instantly forgotten. Amazing chassis, plenty of motor to get in trouble, and outstanding brakes. 👍🏼

Very reasonable fuel economy, averaging 26 mph combined.

Overall, will likely keep the car for a while then trade it for a new Panamera, best of both worlds in one parking spot.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good for you. Finally someone who will actually criticize the car. Not the usual I love everything about my car and hate all the things I didn't get. Do you enjoy turning off the engine stop feature and the fan every time you start the car? On the highway lower your window and pop up the sunroof (up,not open) and you will loose the buffeting.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:28 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Norsk
Is anybody else having issues with voice control and Siri? Dealer and I can't get them to work consistently.

The one time it worked I asked Siri what she was wearing - her response - "Why would I be wearing anything?" ����
There are two voice control systems.
If your iPhone is connected via a USB cable, a single push on the end of the turn signal stalk gets you PCM voice control, a longer push gets you Siri.

I could not get PCM to find my wife's number when connected via USB and PCM but once connected to Siri, it worked.
Conversely if your phone is paired and you don't use a USB cable,
PCM will look for the phone number and acquire the number from your phone.
I think of it as two different systems,, PCM and CarPlay if connected by USB and you have to know which system you are in!

One can actually have a PCM Nav screen and a MAPS nav screen displaying at the same time. One on the TFT and one on the touch screen.
I have probably spent at least two hours at idle figuring out how PCM and CarPlay work with more to come.-Richard
Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pawnstar
Have 600 miles on my base C2 with 7 speed manual. Like it a lot, don't love it, yet, warming up to it though. I disabled Apple Car Play after trying it out for about an hour. Using car's PCM OS instead, much simpler and no interruptions and gets the job done just the same. Not loving the frunk. Reluctant to open close it for fear of damaging the fragile lightweight hood, damaging the paint around emblem. So I end up putting groceries and stuff on the passenger seat/floor. items that I use frequently, like my gym bag, sneakers, tennis racquet, I throw in the back seat. ddc4ecdffc Took the car to Lime Rock a few weekends ago, the hour or so highway drive was a bit tiresome, hard seat, not much space to stretch legs, no place to put a cold 1l water bottle other than hand it to the passenger to hold. ddc4ecdffc Forced to constantly use AC at highway speeds, lowering one or more windows results in ear damaging wind fluttering and buffeting, same with sunroof. Passenger immediately complained to roll it back up. Not noticeable as much at lower speeds but I love driving with fresh air and hate AC, so it's a major annoyance. ddc4ecdffcddc4ecdffc Once out on CT's great back roads, the annoyances are instantly forgotten. Amazing chassis, plenty of motor to get in trouble, and outstanding brakes. ddc4dcdffc Very reasonable fuel economy, averaging 26 mph combined. Overall, will likely keep the car for a while then trade it for a new Panamera, best of both worlds in one parking spot.
Use the frunk. You won't hurt it. I am the clumsiest guy in the world and have no problems with it or the paint.

My seat is getting softer and more comfy as I drive.

Check out Ultimatecupholder.com. I have two. Sometimes I put them both on the pass side.

AWE has a little spoiler for the area in front of the side mirrors that is supposed to reduce buffeting. I pretty much ALWAYS run with AC on and windows up so I haven't tried those.

The seat def locks you into place. It's great for performance driving. Not sure I love it as much 90 min down the hwy though.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:35 AM
pawnstar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bacura
Good for you. Finally someone who will actually criticize the car. Not the usual I love everything about my car and hate all the things I didn't get. Do you enjoy turning off the engine stop feature and the fan every time you start the car? On the highway lower your window and pop up the sunroof (up,not open) and you will loose the buffeting.
Turning off fan on restart is now a muscle reflex, reminiscent of my M4 that preceded it. Similarly undefeatable 'feature'.

I don't mind the start/stop function, although I discovered that engine Start/Stop feature does not engage if driver's seatbelt isn't clicked in. Just sayin'.

I've tried the raised sunroof trick, it reduced buffeting somewhat but did not eliminate it. Driving below 55 mph seems to work, however. Which is the speed limit around where I drive the most anyway, so it works out well.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:47 AM
pawnstar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
Use the frunk. You won't hurt it. I am the clumsiest guy in the world and have no problems with it or the paint.

My seat is getting softer and more comfy as I drive.

Check out Ultimatecupholder.com. I have two. Sometimes I put them both on the pass side.

AWE has a little spoiler for the area in front of the side mirrors that is supposed to reduce buffeting. I pretty much ALWAYS run with AC on and windows up so I haven't tried those.

The seat def locks you into place. It's great for performance driving. Not sure I love it as much 90 min down the hwy though.
I just can't bring myself up to use it. Seeing the fingerprints on black paint would send me into wiping frenzy and I'd rather avoid the swirls on my hood. So the next owner will get an unused frunk and rear seats.

spoilers for the mirrors to reduce wind buffeting sounds like an engineering solution for Porsche designers to implement. If I have to get involved, I'd rather trade the car in for a finished product.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by pawnstar
I just can't bring myself up to use it. Seeing the fingerprints on black paint would send me into wiping frenzy and I'd rather avoid the swirls on my hood.
Using the heel of your palm on the logo to push down works well and leaves no prints.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:00 AM
pawnstar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fasttr
Using the heel of your palm on the logo to push down works well and leaves no prints.
reaching for the hood latch is when I leave some prints and pressing on the emblem pains me each time I've tried, I'm imagining breaking the hood. 😬 If I keep the car long enough, I imagine I'll get used to it.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:47 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

One frustration I have is with Carplay because you have to connect the phone via usb. I leave the phone in the little console space and forget my phone about half the time. Would be nice to have Carplay via wireless. That might be out of Porsche's hands though.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:50 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
One frustration I have is with Carplay because you have to connect the phone via usb. I leave the phone in the little console space and forget my phone about half the time. Would be nice to have Carplay via wireless. That might be out of Porsche's hands though.

This is all purely an apple thing. Maybe we will see a carplay 2.0 in the future that is wireless, but it definitely wont work with our PCM's. I find the steering wheel controls to be a bit lacking with the carplay as well.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Owners - Thoughts, Likes, Dislikes, Regrets?