Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 760 Posts

Thanks. Does look amazing.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

I am going to have paint correction done, then Xpel it, OptiCoat Pro it, and finally CQuartz it. I plan to do this every six months, since it should cost less than $10,000 per. When my car is in the garage, I will keep it covered in a Bubble Boy dust free environment, but I am concerned about it on the road. Of course when it's parked outside, I'll take my repurposed sofa slipcover, custom re-cut for the 911 and use that, but what should I do when driving? I am considering hiring a couple of drivers to surround me on the road so that no cars can get near me or kick up stones.

Is there anything else I should be doing? I plan on returning my car when the lease is up in 18 months and I don't want to get dinged again for sub par condition.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:23 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiboy
I am going to have paint correction done, then Xpel it, OptiCoat Pro it, and finally CQuartz it.
You can't put CQuartz on top of OptiCoat. Won't "stick". All the other stuff makes sense.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:30 AM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the Opticoat also, really impressed.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:03 PM
PHL911AWE
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Ceramic Pro on mine (2 layers) and very happy with the results. Done by Auto Obsessions just over the bridge in South Jersey. My 911 was in good company while it was getting worked on (Lambo's, Ferrari's, Bentleys)
Old 07-19-2016, 02:20 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Even though my car isn't black I'm having trouble resisting the urge to get The Foam Cannon. Just imagine what 130 Bar of pressure can do. I have groundhogs (woodchucks), rabbits and skunks all residing in their separate (I assume) burrows underneath a large utility shed in my neighbors back yard. Foxes, cats, other critters I can't recognize in the dark use my driveway as a common path. But, most of all it's the seagulls and crows I'm thinking about. So, with 130 bars of foam pressure I plan to use this as an anti-aircraft (a/k/a certain birds) weapon against these fellows on their s..t bombing runs, to protect my daily driver. At night, I will have to be more discriminating, because both the groundhogs and the skunks move quite slowly. If I can get a positive ID on a cat getting ready to jump up I can provide both discouragement for a re-try and a slippery obstacle for the current one. I certainly don't want to hurt any of these animals, even though they have no respect for human beings obsessive needs. Maybe on very low pressure I could give the dog a bath.

For those with semi-disabling OCD: I generally wash all my microfiber towels separately from anything else, with non-perfumed detergent. Usually I just fold them and take the pile out to the garage. Today, I happened to notice what looked like a sliver of something hard. Sure enough, it was a piece of metal. I then started looking at all of the towels and discovered a fair number of particles, etc. that were definitely hard enough to lightly scratch paint. This led to getting out the needle-nosed tweezers and going over both sides of each towel. It seems like the tiny loops in the microfiber towels can hold stuff that maybe ordinary cotton t-shirts (with the nylon seams cut out) let go. I've heard some really obsessive PCA concours types say they never use microfiber on paint.
Somewhere, is there a place where we can go that will help us to be completely content with whatever happens, let the rain wash our cars, then get in and drive without paying attention to rattles, squeaks and creaks, the remains of bugs, whatever. That place may be the Toyota dealer. The only solution I have ever found is to daily drive a crappy looking older car than runs great. It is so relaxing, and if it's a fun-to-drive car even better.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't know why I waited so long to step up to a power washer and foam cannon. There's something calming in watching the foam drip off the car...
Old 07-20-2016, 11:58 PM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chiboy
I am going to have paint correction done, then Xpel it, OptiCoat Pro it, and finally CQuartz it. I plan to do this every six months, since it should cost less than $10,000 per. When my car is in the garage, I will keep it covered in a Bubble Boy dust free environment, but I am concerned about it on the road. Of course when it's parked outside, I'll take my repurposed sofa slipcover, custom re-cut for the 911 and use that, but what should I do when driving? I am considering hiring a couple of drivers to surround me on the road so that no cars can get near me or kick up stones.

Is there anything else I should be doing? I plan on returning my car when the lease is up in 18 months and I don't want to get dinged again for sub par condition.
Haha. I found this very funny! Hits on a good point though, all of these technologies are made for peace of mind. Thankfully many have evolved and have innovated to also enhance our ownership experiences.

For example, we use Modesta coatings. These not only protect the surface but create brilliant reflections. Who cares right? Well who wants to spend hours each weekend waxing their cars? Some do, most people won't or simply don't have the time. For those that want protection, peace of mind, easier maintenance and to them the price makes sense its the perfect solution. Same thing with clear bra, some enthusiasts see it as all that is wrong with the world, many won't drive their cars until its been installed. Different strokes for different folks, but the principal doesn't change. Real technology, real performance and peace of mind.

With that being said, these cars are made to be driven. To be pushed, enjoyed, cherished, abused, hated and loved. Not to be stressed over and concerned about every possible knick and scratch. The beauty of these technologies are that they do help you have some peace of mind so that you are able to enjoy the car more freely.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have CQuartz on my car (not Finest).

Overall, I'm super pleased with it. Hydrophobic qualities are ridiculously good; the car looks brand spanking new right after a decent wash with CarPro Reset. Dirt slides off the paint as if you're sliding jelly beans across an ice skating rink.

I'd highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: C Quartz Finest