Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just had Ceramic Pro applied...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

-

Mate, that looks excellent! I need to do this after I pick up my new car (Mon )

And re Black: 100% Had 2 and total PITA. Silver/Metallic Grey/Bright colours are easier to keep looking clean. Especially in dusty locales.

Last edited by 917k; 07-17-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Good to know, I am in Clarence and had similar concerns about lack good shops around here, car looks awesome!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:42 PM
hjles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezus
Good to know, I am in Clarence and had similar concerns about lack good shops around here, car looks awesome!
I don't want to sound like a shill, but I have pretty high standards when it comes to service, and there is nobody in Buffalo that can match what James and his crew are doing at PAD. They were extremely professional, courteous, prompt, friendly, and they seem to really love cars.

FWIW - I've tried a bunch here in town with past vehicles, and there is one guy who runs the internal detail shop at the Lexus dealer that does good work, everybody else might as well be Delta Sonic ;-)
Old 07-17-2016, 01:20 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hjles
Finally got around to a full professional detail of my 2014 4S cabriolet. After almost two years with this car I had reached the following conclusions:

1. I should have purchased one sooner.
2. My next 911 will not be black.

After getting it detailed and having Ceramic Pro applied, I might be changing my mind about #2. It looks amazing, better than when I took delivery. I am very curious to see how it 'ages'. I was told to be careful with it for the next two weeks, as the application takes time to fully cure.

FWIW, if anyone reading this is in Western New York, I couldn't find a shop in Buffalo (I live in Orchard Park) that I was comfortable with or even knew about the different semi-permanent coatings, so I ended up taking it Perfection Auto Detailing in Rochester, NY.

Pictures attached.

Wow wow wow truly amazing that is absolutely gorgeous! Please edit your post and out a red X through #2 I would only buy a black 911 !!!
Old 07-17-2016, 03:03 PM
db997gts
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Wow wow wow truly amazing that is absolutely gorgeous! Please edit your post and out a red X through #2 I would only buy a black 911 !!!
When I first bought my car I had it professionally polished, then quickly determined I could learn how to do it myself. About $1000 investment and several you tube videos later I was doing a pretty good job. With a little practice easily as good as a pro. I know black it tough, especially my non-metallic. But when it shines it really shines. I may consider carmine red next time. In the mean time black is good as long as you can polish it yourself and not have to pay retail.
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2016, 05:07 PM
DtecD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hjles
After getting it detailed and having Ceramic Pro applied, I might be changing my mind about #2.
Black like that is just luscious, luscious.

RE: Ceramic Pro - Did you go Gold, lifetime warranty, 4x coat process?

Quick Reply: Just had Ceramic Pro applied...