Sponsored by:

Build advice - unique vs. disasterous

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 07:45 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Not 991 but give you some idea. Love the color combo.

First Macan I ever saw was on my dealer's floor and

a) cost $115,000, which absolutely blew my mind, and

b) was that exact combo, which allowed me to see my color interior combo before ordering.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Hmm the interior is important, but for me the Aqua Blue (and I think Sapphire is very similar) is what makes me really love it. After two years I can't walk away without looking back at dat ***.
I love my Basalt Black but I lust after Sapphire blue...if I order my next one, it will be sapphire blue. If I decide to go '14 or even '15 CPO Turbo S instead, my options are much more limited an most likely I will settle for black or silver instead (not many sapphire blues come up as CPO Turbo S, at least not over the past several months).

Sapphire blue (and aqua blue) are stunning colors!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to bring this full circle, I put a deposit down on my C2S cabrio in Agate & Black/Bordeaux. The pull for Sapphire was strong, but ultimately went for my favorite interior over exterior. It's what I'll be looking at when I'm driving.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:16 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
Just to bring this full circle, I put a deposit down on my C2S cabrio in Agate & Black/Bordeaux. The pull for Sapphire was strong, but ultimately went for my favorite interior over exterior. It's what I'll be looking at when I'm driving.
great choice! You will not be disappointed.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Nice. What color top? A red one works with your combo.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:06 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Black. I'm not a fan of colored tops with perhaps the rare exception of a tan top on a two seater that has a tan interior.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad. I was hoping you'd ignore the critics and get the Sapphire with the Black/Bordeaux. I guess mine will be one of a kind!

Enjoy the car, the colors you went with are great too!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:52 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the black interior but if I had a do over, I would have the the red and black interior, after seeing yours.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

After seeing these pictures, I'm seriously debating about punting on the sapphire blue exterior since I can't land on an interior that I love. Meanwhile, I love the black/red interior ... but not on the sapphire. My previous car was a Sterling Grey Z4 with black interior that I always wished was this red. It would be far less unique in the Porsche world, but Agate grey, Spyder wheels, and black/red interior, anyone?
I just stepped out of my C2S in agate with red seats and rest full black interior. This was before they did the 2 tone red/black interior which looks awesome in my book. So this was a full leather interior in black with deviated seats in red. I liked it as it was just a touch of red. Top up everything is normal top down a little pop. Now I'm in a MT Spyder - highly recommend the MT.

Think it's for sale over in Chicago now, but didn't post it on hot for sale as its not a deal in my books.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:23 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

That looks fantastic! On an ordered car, should I add a small customization like colored seat Belts? I realize this just feeds the profit machine, but $500 isn't much for a finishing touch. I'm thinking silver to match the aluminum as well as the back of the 18-way seats or maybe Bordeaux red to match the seats. Thoughts, or just save the $500 and apply towards xpel and radar/laser installation?
Old 07-10-2016, 09:09 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

I, too, started with an interior color and then worked around it. Here's the result:

Old 07-10-2016, 09:20 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
I, too, started with an interior color and then worked around it. Here's the result:
Yum.

Quick Reply: Build advice - unique vs. disasterous