Sponsored by:

South Florida dealer special $100.00 oil change

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 04:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
what is the fair price for an oil change? at a dealer? I know this has been discussed a lot before. I am new to Porsche and want to establish a good relationship with a dealer as per your advice on numerous threads. I thought this was an inexpensive way to "break the ice" and see what happens.. maybe I am totally wrong?
Because I like you.... Called my contact Tom @ their Motorsports division. Great guy. They operate independently of the dealer with track, aftermarket work, etc. They do everything, just don't do Porsche warranty service.

At the main dealership, ask for service advisors Doug or Danny. Just call the main dealer #. He suggested them, or said you can call him directly too to get in touch with them if you have questions. They even have FREE flatbed service pickup/delivery too for those that have time constraints.

Champion is the real deal. Not a Walmart Penske/Porsche dealer.

Tom Pelov
Sales Representative

Champion Motorsport
3101 Center Port Circle
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

Office: 954.946.2136 ext.355
Fax: 954.941.0295
Email: tomp@championmotorsport.com
Old 06-09-2016, 04:56 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you very much !
Old 06-09-2016, 05:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LCW
thank you very much !
Anytime. Are you somewhat near to Champion? You should stop by the Motorsports shop sometime too and say hi to Tom and see what they do there.

I think you'll be very happy with their dealership service.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:12 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am about equidistant from Champion and West Broward. When I was looking to place my order for the new car, I went to Champion first (Note West Broward was not even built at the time) and ended up hating the place because the salesman did not return any of my calls for nearly 6 months. Note, I live two blocks away form The Collection, but they are a lot worse and avoid them completely... I am also very close to ParkHaus which is a terrific place. However, I am eager to develop a relationship with a dealer as well for warranty work.... hence West Broward... I will definitely stop by Motorsports in the near future. Thank you for the tip !!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:28 PM
STG
Race Director

LCW .. Yeah, I know some initial impressions can be less than satisfactory. Just give them a try again is all I can suggest. Sometimes with dealers, having one or a few "contacts" can make a world of difference. Just like being in business. That's why I push the relationship aspect.

You can say .. I have money to spend and these guys should be chasing me down, but with many of these high end dealers that's not the case. Many have the non pushy attitude you see at Honda dealers. So extreme in the other direction sometimes too unfortunately.

Once you know some people, you don't have to reinvent the wheel per say.

Like me. Bought some parts from Tom in the past. Kept his contact info. Have called him with questions here and there. Always nice and willing to answer them. If the need arises, I have someone to help ...... I call him today and get you two SA contacts at Champion. You drop his name, and you're off to your first oil change appt. with hopefully a long term SA contact too.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 432 Likes on 183 Posts

Well this sucks. I need a oil change, but i am leaving town for a few months.
For $100 oil and $150 brake fluid change would be worth the 45 min drive.
I could drink a few Cappuccinos and eat some snacks, and check it out.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Anytime. Are you somewhat near to Champion? You should stop by the Motorsports shop sometime too and say hi to Tom and see what they do there.

I think you'll be very happy with their dealership service.
Very impressive facility. They do all my aftermarket stuff. The dealer takes care of the warranty stuff couldn't be any happier.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl911
Save the coupon. Ask them to honor it upon your return. All they can say is 'no'.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:18 AM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 432 Likes on 183 Posts

Penski of West Broward is having a 24 hr open house for the Leman's 24 hour
Old 06-10-2016, 05:44 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have called Porsche of West Broward to find out about the price on the 10,000 mile service. Even though I am at 5400miles and doing my own oil changes every 5000 miles. I was looking to try another dealer than the one in Miami. I was told that the 10,000 miles service would cost me $399 but there was a $100 promotion. I asked about what was included knowing that it was basically an oil and filter change. The SA told me that the service included other things like checking fluids and changing windshield wipers. I would definitely give them a try when the time comes. For us living in South Florida we are lucky to be able to choose among four different Porsche dealers who can compete for our business. I am a firm believer of building relationships.

Last edited by trucheli; 06-10-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:15 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

We charge $120 for an oil (Mobil1 Full Synthetic) and filter (OEM) change. Then again we don't have their kind of overhead expenses.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:15 PM
dhus@penskeautomotive
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We will be happy to help!

Karl911, let me know when you would like to come by for a VIP tour of our new facility. We opened on 4/4 and would be happy to do whatever we can to help you. We opened with the philosophy of treating our customers with dignity and respect....something unheard of in the South Florida market (from what we have been told by hundreds of customers that live in the region). Everyone can form their own opinions of our store, but it should start with a visit to see for yourself. We already have the largest Porsche inventory in the nation and will completely blow away any level of customer service you have experienced. I welcome you to come to our 24 Hours of Le Mans event next Saturday 6/18. We will provide the race on our dual 20ft screens for the entire race, provide lots of good food and drinks, raffle Porsche prizes throughout the day and night, and unveil our $50,000 driving simulator for our clients to use.

We have lots of Rennlist members that have done business with us and LOVE us. I welcome ALL of you to come in and see why we are different. If you are not local, NO PROBLEM. We offer FREE shipping to anywhere in the US!! We do whatever it takes and know the meaning of customer appreciation. Our goal is longterm relationships.

I can be reached very easily at porschewestbroward@gmail.com
With the very best of regards,
Tommy Justice
Old 06-11-2016, 10:17 PM
dhus@penskeautomotive
Banned

Penski of West Broward is having a 24 hr open house for the Leman's 24 hour
Let me know if you are going to attend our event. We have 600+ RSVPS and I would be honored to have you as my guest.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Porsche_WBroward
Let me know if you are going to attend our event. We have 600+ RSVPS and I would be honored to have you as my guest.
How many quarts of oil included in the $100.00 / 991 oil change special??
Old 06-11-2016, 11:24 PM
dhus@penskeautomotive
Banned

Originally Posted by STG
How many quarts of oil included in the $100.00 / 991 oil change special??
Thanks for the question. The banner ad on our site states 5 quarts of oil. This service is usually valued at $225, but is reduced to $99.95 to generate interest and awareness of our new store.

The purpose of the special was not to mislead anyone, but to offer a discount on a normal service. Discounts on Porsche service are unheard of in South Florida and we are just trying to help and prove that we are willing to help with prices on service, parts, and new and pre-owned Porsche automobiles.

Let me know how we can help!

Thanks again for the question.

Quick Reply: South Florida dealer special $100.00 oil change