Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The other side: grass is greener or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Huracan is an awesome car and I have been tempted at dumping my 458 for one. This white one with the green sticking is pimp. Dang, I thought I was done buying cars for the moment . . . Congrats. Enjoy. Awesome choice!
Old 06-26-2016, 03:06 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Thanks for sharing and allowing us to live vicariously thru you!
Old 06-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

We had one on the track a few weeks ago. When the instructor was driving I had to give them a point by, the exhaust sound while hitting it hard passing me was awesome - made ME grin. Awesome car, now go find a track and wring her out
Old 06-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
We had one on the track a few weeks ago. When the instructor was driving I had to give them a point by, the exhaust sound while hitting it hard passing me was awesome - made ME grin. Awesome car, now go find a track and wring her out
The Huracan is a beast on the track. I ran a couple laps at LS and a full session in one at Barber . . . Dare I say I liked it more than my 458 and any GT3 I have owned in the past. Really thinking about making that jump instead of a 488 here soon. Man, there are some great cars out right now . . .
Old 06-28-2016, 04:52 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche_nuts, Sweeper, elitex, AC SATCO, tomc_mets, cpbmd, Doug H: Thanks again for your kind comments!

I managed to snap some more pictures today. Here they are:

1. Unlike Porsche, Lamborghini does not seem to sell any magnetic letters, so I had to get someone laser cut the letters in wood for me. I sprayed a few layers of plastidip on them after clear coated it with a primer before sticking it on my cabinet with double tape. The letters turned out OK (not very rubbery smooth) with overall cost of just about $40.

2. A couple photos of the interior from passenger side and door decals.

3. It does not have gas cap. The lid serves as a cap.

4. The back side between the seats is the location of a "CD" player. It looks like a CD player, but it does not play normal CD! It plays CD with different compression. Who would've guess and why...

As for sound quality, although the engine is just behind the interior, the engineers find a way to dampen the sound very well. The stock audio quality is very 2x good - clear and honest - perhaps more suitable for classical music. If you have listened to Italian speakers like Sonusfaber Stradivari, the color of the sound is almost the same.

5. Trunk space is made special for thanksgiving turkey because a turkey can just fit in there and nothing else.

6. The brake rotors are made in Germany.

Will post more reviews and photos about the driving experience once I get used to the driving in the next few weeks. It's been raining all week!

PF
Attached Images        
Old 06-28-2016, 05:50 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

I like the idea of not having a gas cap. What is the red thing under the glove box in pic 2? Mace if you should encounter a yakuza thug? LOL. Nice pics.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:57 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I like the idea of not having a gas cap. What is the red thing under the glove box in pic 2? Mace if you should encounter a yakuza thug? LOL. Nice pics.
It never come across my mind to use it against yakuza thugs but yes, it can be used sort of to lit their pants off LOL

It's a flare like one for campfires. In case of break down in dark areas (and the breakdown isn't caused by leaking gasoline LOL) you lit it and drop it off a few meters behind the car to alert other drivers.

Quick Reply: The other side: grass is greener or not?