Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Header review for 3.4L ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fabspeed Header review for 3.4L ?

I did a search, couldn't quite find what I was looking for: feel free to link...

Anyone running Fabspeed Headers on their 991 3.4 or similar? If so, were the gains noticeable (HP and definitely torque). I was considering purchase of a base 991, and wouldn't mind a little more power (seems I can save around $10k w/o stepping up to an S: don't need that kind of power, but 315 ft-lb of torque would sure be nice!) I have found a nice loaded base 991 with all of the c2S performance options, thinking this might help bridge the engine performance gap as well. Then again, sometimes HP and Torque gains are real, and sometimes hard to replicate in the real world: would love some feedback!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:37 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

3.4 is a great car if optioned with the good stuff. Like Lsd, pasm. I'm not understanding your reasoning for buying headers in advance of purchase though. The extra cost of the headers can offset the expense of moving towards an S. If your budget is good for a base only and your thinking of adding headers down the line. That's understandable.
I think the 3.4 has plenty of power but if you have S envy. It won't make you happy no matter what. I've purchased all over the spectrum and would now feel comfortable with a base Carrera. As long as it was equipt correctly. Moving up the ladder feels different though. I know I've bin threre.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Headers won't close the gap between a base and S model. Other than some additional sound, don't expect much noticeable gains. In some instances, sport headers have decreased low end torque.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:29 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Good to know, thanks. I don't think I will have "S" envy, but you never know! I can't imagine the base doesn't have enough power, given the power to weight is still outstanding.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Header review for 3.4L ?