New Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Samson18
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Owner Questions

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2015 911 S Cab and have some simple questions.

When I start the car the a/c goes on and the radio. Is there a way to shut these things off until I elect to turn them on?

I know their simple things but they can be annoying every time I start the car.

Any tips are appreciated.
Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2016, 12:41 AM
Duke I
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You can save most settings to the key (including a/c off) but media will always be on and some air flow with each start up. I believe some have been successful in powering down the pcm completely before turning off the car and this will remain off at next startup -- mine does not. I've just learned to live with it. A minor annoyance.

Be sure to toggle off the "Save last setting" feature so you don't get a variety of settings at start up.

Congrats on the car. Enjoy the passion.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Samson18
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks so much.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:41 PM
...Max...
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke I
media will always be on.
I have either seen this solution here or on 6speedonline -- can't remember where to direct the hat tip -- switching sound source to a non-existing one (AUX in my case) is remembered as part of settings and results in a nicely silent audio on startup. Was one of the first things I had to sort out after bringing my C2S home... engine is all I ever want to hear in this car!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

If you're a new cab owner, you should look into SmarTop. It's an easy and inexpensive mod that allows for remote opening and closing of the top and one-touch operation from the controls inside the car. It's so simple that most of us cab owners see it as a must-have mod. And as a somewhat odd bonus, one of SmarTop's settings will set the audio volume to 0 when you start the car. So in addition to everything else that it does, it will solve one of your original issues as well.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...de=view&id=130
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 PM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hinckley
If you're a new cab owner, you should look into SmarTop. It's an easy and inexpensive mod that allows for remote opening and closing of the top and one-touch operation from the controls inside the car. It's so simple that most of us cab owners see it as a must-have mod. And as a somewhat odd bonus, one of SmarTop's settings will set the audio volume to 0 when you start the car. So in addition to everything else that it does, it will solve one of your original issues as well.

Precisely!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:42 AM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley

+1

Quick Reply: New Owner Questions