Sponsored by:

New Owner Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:45 PM
LHR1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner Needs Help

I picked up my dream weekend car last week and have to say I wish I did it sooner. I have couple of quick questions and would appreciate anyone input. All the best
1) LED running lights- is there any way to have these on when the lights are in auto mode? Mine are only on when the switch is in off mode. My BMW keeps them on in auto mode so wasn't sure if the Porsche did.
2) when I pull the switch out for fog lights the interior fog light symbol lights up but I don't see any change in the lights. Does the base with premium plus have them?
3) This is my first convertible, can anyone advise on posts or recommendation on routine care for the top.

Thanks again.
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 847 Likes on 425 Posts

To answer #2 we only have rear fog lights.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:52 AM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts
Talking

As far as the convertible top is concerned, there are a bunch of tips others might have. Here are some from my own convertible experience:

1) Never put the top down when the top is wet (it will create marks, creases and weird stains as it dries all folded up in the boot).

2) If birds drop some poop onto the top, get out the hose and saturate the poop, remove it quickly. Never scrub the top...that just prematurely wears it out and makes it look ragged.

3) RaggTopp and 303 High Tech Fabric Guard are good choices for maintaining repellency; either will restore the repellence to factory specifications and keep your fabric top looking good.

4) According to AutoGeek: Be sure to apply protectant to a clean, dry top. Never saturate; light, even coats are always best. Reapply monthly to maintain an optimum level of water repellency.

5) Don't go through the type of carwash that uses microfiber or "soft rag" machines. Those things just add swirls to your paint job and prematurely beat the hell out of the top. Using high-pressure carwashes (usually called, "touchless") are ok as they only shoot water and suds at the car (seriously nothing else ever touches the car). Just be sure to keep the top up your whole ride home so the top can dry.

As I stated before, I'm sure others will pile on the tips. Lot of good knowledge on this board.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:54 AM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best enhancement for the cab is to buy and install a SmartTop controller ASAP!!
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...de=view&id=130

Best thread for the info:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7287...f-install.html

Quick Reply: New Owner Needs Help