Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a new 991.1 GTS PSE take off worth? I may list it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016 | 01:02 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Default Whats a new 991.1 GTS PSE take off worth? I may list it!

Hi all!

I was just wondering what a new 991.1 GTS Porsche sport exhaust is worth if I sell it. I have a 2016 GTS, and I had the dealer remove the exhaust and put it in the box, with the car only having 7 miles on it!

I was thinking of listing it in the for sale adds. Everyone was saying to keep it, for a possible buyer collector type down the road. In case the GTS appreciates hard. The biggest collector I can see benefitting from the sale, might be the dealer lol.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2016 | 09:00 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

50% of retail is my guess. Maybe more. List it for sale (obo) and find out. Can't hurt. Should you sell the exhaust or not is another story which will surely bring amusing discussion as well.
Old 05-09-2016 | 09:07 AM
STG
Race Director

Strat, including exhaust tips?? Just the two center PSE mufflers? Not the side ones?

Mind you, Suncoast pricing includes a new center button console too.

By the way, I'd keep it!!! Good to have OG OEM parts on hand with a car like yours.
Old 05-09-2016 | 11:15 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. I think you are right STG. I better keep it after all. I could see someone wanting it. I was thinking if I were to buy a car like this. I would want the original parts.
Old 05-09-2016 | 11:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Thanks guys. I think you are right STG. I better keep it after all. I could see someone wanting it. I was thinking if I were to buy a car like this. I would want the original parts.
Original parts are always desirable in cars like these. Any mods are usually seen as negatives.

Someone is advertising a GTS with full body PPF. To me, that would be a negative too, even on a new car not knowing who did it and the quality. Too many hack jobs and razor cut paint.
Old 05-09-2016 | 11:55 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by STG991
Someone is advertising a GTS with full body PPF. To me, that would be a negative too, even on a new car not knowing who did it and the quality. Too many hack jobs and razor cut paint.
And too many PPF jobs done without prior proper paint correction, so all they've done is entomb a bunch of swirls under the film.
Old 05-09-2016 | 03:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
not only that, if/when you sell it, any mods you made are unlikely to result in incremental $'s ... better you restore to stock and sell mod parts separately and
get some money back on those.
Old 05-09-2016 | 08:10 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Thanks Fellas, and I did do the full body PPF. lol. It was all precut and I didn't allow razors lol. Have to play guard dog. I did do the paint correction as well. But I wouldn't do it all again. Hood and front at the most.

Good idea on the exhaust too. I will put the original back on when I go to sell or trade, and than sell off the loud exhaust. Thanks
Old 05-09-2016 | 08:12 PM
STG
Race Director

Well Strat, your GTS is a long term keeper. Just put that exhaust away in long term storage for your kids. They may want to experience it someday when wanting to experience the glory days of the NA engine.
Old 05-09-2016 | 08:20 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

LOL Thanks STG! I appreciate the input. And you guys are right. I don't have any kids, but I do have a pack of wild nephews that would get a kick out of it.

These cars are so cool! Every time I get in it, I smile and think of how many speeding tickets I have evaded in my life. Kidding! Well, sorta! lol

Quick Reply: Whats a new 991.1 GTS PSE take off worth? I may list it!