Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions re CCBs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016 | 12:32 PM
Jeff4598
Advanced

Default Questions re CCBs

Have read several threads on CCBs. Not sure why there is so little focus on how they improve HANDLING (or not). Similar weight reduction from lighter wheels seem to improve handling feel and can cost as much or more as CCBs yet I see little about this regarding CCBs. The other question I have is if there is any way to insure them against damage from pebbles and such. Since people buy wheel and tire insurance I am assuming that as with road hazard damage to wheels and tires, neither auto insurance nor the car's warranty would cover CCB damage. I have been considering upgrading from my M3- this would be a long term 5K miles a year DD for me- in central NJ- not sure about a second car for winter. Thanks for any input!
Old 05-08-2016 | 12:44 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You can notice the improvement in handling on a track (did it back-to-back with two GT3s, one with irons and one with CCBs).

On the street, probably nearly impossible to notice a difference, unless you drive like you have a get-out-of-jail-free card.

As to insurance I'm sure there is some aftermarket company that is willing to write a policy to insure the CCB rotors against damage. Maybe Fidelity, but it'll probably be pricey.
Old 05-08-2016 | 01:03 PM
jwade
Rennlist Member

I've had ceramics for a few years now and will NEVER go back to steel. I love the look of the 6 piston fronts, overall quality, the incredible bite down you get and also the fact they produce ZERO brake dust!

Have had no issues on my 981.

There were some issues with PCCB early on, but I think they've been sorted out now through the generations and will get even better in the future.

Quick Reply: Questions re CCBs