Sponsored by:

Short drivers - does this car work

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff4598
I'm 5' 7' and cannot depress the clutch pedal without stretching the left side of my torso in a very uncomfortable way. The problem is that Porsche has the clutch much farther to the right than some brands ( A salesman said this was to facilitate heel and toeing LOL!). No matter how close I move the seat my left leg has too long a reach to the centrally placed clutch. My friend's Miata is no problem at all. That clutch is almost directly in front of my left leg.
I'm 5'6" and have never had such an issue.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
She is my Doctor.

I let her put her finger up my A$$.

I trust her.

BEST RESPONSE EVER!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Germans are great at building precision products, Asians are great at electrically engineered devices, Americans are great innovators, African Americans are better at basketball and numerous athletic sports.
Does that make me a racist for pointing out the obvious. I don't believe so. I treat all people with respect and dignity. Certain stereo types do exist though. I'm man enough to accept it as well as dish it out. What's the problem with speaking the truth? Are we that sensitive today that all people should be grouped into a one model fits all perspective? I think you along with others are overstating it.
Being a man is fine, but may I point out that there is just no truth in sex / racial stereotypes. People excell because of nourishment, level of education, methodology, strict gov regulation, good manufacturing practices, corporate management, etc - not because of their racial genes. Other than things that put an advantage of physical condition like body height to compete like basketball, racial genes play nothing in terms of intelligence, moral, luck, etc to become an acceptable driver on public roads.

Loosen up and joke about stereotypes - sure, be a stand up comedian or do it among your friends. On public Internet where everyone can read what you wrote, not so smart.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:06 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
Being a man is fine, but may I point out that there is just no truth in sex / racial stereotypes. People excell because of nourishment, level of education, methodology, strict gov regulation, good manufacturing practices, corporate management, etc - not because of their racial genes. Other than things that put an advantage of physical condition like body height to compete like basketball, racial genes play nothing in terms of intelligence, moral, luck, etc to become an acceptable driver on public roads.

Loosen up and joke about stereotypes - sure, be a stand up comedian or do it among your friends. On public Internet where everyone can read what you wrote, not so smart.
First I'd like to first point out that I didn't make the initial comment. Secondly. I completely agree that most people are a product of there enviroment, education and such.

I don't believe that I was out of line and never made reference to the lack of anyones intelligence.

Yes I also agree that driving is a pysical activity and there are those who are better adapt due to sharper motor skills along with other pysical attributes. So a one size fits all stereotype may be extending it a bit and a little unfare.

Quick Reply: Short drivers - does this car work