Sponsored by:

Who will be the 1st? 911R tribute out of your 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 06:14 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
I'd say $100k might be low, apparently the standard GT3 engine alone is worth like $70-75k... figure significantly more for the 4.0L and another ridiculous amount for the transmission. Not to mention a massive amount of labour.

As for secondary market prices for the 911R... try at least double your estimate above. There was one for sale in Europe listed at over 1 million Euro.
I haven't looked at prices lately but I totally botched my post wording -- I meant to say that the cost of an R is 250k OVER MSRP, comparing that to the 100k+ over MSRP of a GTS *** 911R. In other words, you'd be paying 100k+ (and sounds like 150k+ is more realistic) over the GTS "value" to build a fake R, and $250k+ over the "value" of a 911R to get a real R, yet, in the long run the real R will be substantially cheaper, IMO.

And yeah, that R market is certainly fluid and I may be off on the specifics. But in the long run and the short run I still think the money is better spent on a real one.

I imagine they will go through the typical price sag for a few years, like the Carrera GT did, or the F40 or 288GTO, where the people who paid big markups over MSRP look like dummies, and then in a short while (5 years or so) they start a permanent march up to the stratosphere.

Quick Reply: Who will be the 1st? 911R tribute out of your 991