Originally Posted by shewu
3 pipes are better than 2 and 4 Presenting the 911_458
They call me tripod...
Old 05-06-2016, 01:32 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Ummmm someone need a reading tutor? Did some skim right over or no comprende the comment about NOT rebadging the car. Jesus.... For years have seen 997 cars add center exit exhaust (like Gt3 cars...) combined with factory areo the car resembles a gt3.... Air cooled world is filled with gt2 tributes and cars going in a rs or lightweight direction but not the real thing... Even seeing water coolers doing air cooled like mods from Fuchs style wheels to duck tails some refer to as a tribute.... Shocking I know; hope no one having a stroke with the mentioned. Are all these car owners posers? Bet more true enthusiasts then most especially the purist ******... Re-badge a no no x 1billion but to tribute or modify a lesser model or different car to a possible unattainable model is far from posing.

I take it the 991 forum not all that mod friendly....
Agree completely. Hell, who wouldn't love to have a 72 911T that somebody filled in the oil-filler door, welded on RS flares and a ducktail lid and created a 2.7 Carrera RS tribute/replica out of, down to the badging, stripes and stickers? Or our own friend from Germany on this board who has turned his GTS into a wingless 4-seater GT3 lookalike?

I say, if you like the way a certain 911 model looks, but don't want to accept the limitations of that model, OR Porsche won't sell you one, then by all means, build your own if that's possible and you don't mind losing money in the process.

After seeing the R's light silver CLs, I modified my plan to rid my car of black wheels (I've always disliked them but wanted CLs). I was going to paint them Platinum Silver Metallic (the dark gray color of GT3/GT4 wheels) but now I'm going with GT Silver. And if for some reason I'm not tickled pink with the end product, I'll get a set of GT3 wheels like our other friend just did to his DBM GTS, and spray them GT Silver. (I draw the line at the red stripe down the middle, not because I'm afraid of copying a 991R, but because it's ugly.)
Old 05-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shewu
3 pipes are better than 2 and 4 Presenting the 911_458

Please don't forget to quote Porsche language to accompany the 991_458's exhaust options:

Porsche Sportier Exhaust (PSE2): Porsche Sportier Exhaust replaces the entire rear bumper and allows for three side-by-side cutouts. Each cutout has a different valved component that can be tweaked using 57,000 parameters from the on-board computer. Price: $4,000. NOTE: This does not come with the "center" exhaust pipe (#2 out of the 3 pipes). Please see PSEX below.

Porsche Sportiest Exhaust (PSEX): Porsche Sportiest Exhaust adds the middle exhaust component to PSEX, completing the "three tips" look. Price: $3,700.

I think this is a must for any 991.2 owner.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:11 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Good to see not all on the 991 forum are anti mods.....

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Agree completely. Hell, who wouldn't love to have a 72 911T that somebody filled in the oil-filler door, welded on RS flares and a ducktail lid and created a 2.7 Carrera RS tribute/replica out of, down to the badging, stripes and stickers? Or our own friend from Germany on this board who has turned his GTS into a wingless 4-seater GT3 lookalike?

I say, if you like the way a certain 911 model looks, but don't want to accept the limitations of that model, OR Porsche won't sell you one, then by all means, build your own if that's possible and you don't mind losing money in the process.

After seeing the R's light silver CLs, I modified my plan to rid my car of black wheels (I've always disliked them but wanted CLs). I was going to paint them Platinum Silver Metallic (the dark gray color of GT3/GT4 wheels) but now I'm going with GT Silver. And if for some reason I'm not tickled pink with the end product, I'll get a set of GT3 wheels like our other friend just did to his DBM GTS, and spray them GT Silver. (I draw the line at the red stripe down the middle, not because I'm afraid of copying a 991R, but because it's ugly.)
Old 05-06-2016, 10:12 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
My incoming GTS Targa has the CL wheels factory painted in GT Silver. Pics will be posted when I take delivery on June 22. Unsure of your timing though.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:27 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can do anything you want! Someone turned their GTS into a GT3 and he spent so much money/it looked so good, no one really called him names as I recall. Most were very supportive.... Thread is here somewhere.

I appreciate tasteful mods, and plan to do a few myself once building my business takes less time/money.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:30 AM
shewu
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
Please don't forget to quote Porsche language to accompany the 991_458's exhaust options:

Porsche Sportier Exhaust (PSE2): Porsche Sportier Exhaust replaces the entire rear bumper and allows for three side-by-side cutouts. Each cutout has a different valved component that can be tweaked using 57,000 parameters from the on-board computer. Price: $4,000. NOTE: This does not come with the "center" exhaust pipe (#2 out of the 3 pipes). Please see PSEX below.

Porsche Sportiest Exhaust (PSEX): Porsche Sportiest Exhaust adds the middle exhaust component to PSEX, completing the "three tips" look. Price: $3,700.

I think this is a must for any 991.2 owner.
Amazing. Maybe I'll do a 991_C7 as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swap out the 3.8 with a factory crate 4.0 RS engine/trans package.

Or pop the 3.8 out - punch it and kick it up to 500hp. Reinstall.

Simple.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:42 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Ok gents here is your chance to tell this owner how you feel about his car?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9329...l#post13265236

Originally Posted by Grunty
Umm, no.
Originally Posted by Bacura
Um no x 10000.
Originally Posted by TargaBar
Did you say poser car?
Originally Posted by R_Rated
I ordered an M badge for me 911.1 to make it faster than the .2
I put an M badge AND an AMG badge on. Worth 50 hp each!
Originally Posted by GSIRM3
NO!
Originally Posted by 07CarreraS
AMG?
^-1
Old 05-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Ok gents here is your chance to tell this owner how you feel about his car?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9329...l#post13265236
How do you know he was not paying tribute to this vehicle???

Old 05-06-2016, 07:48 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
My incoming GTS Targa has the CL wheels factory painted in GT Silver. Pics will be posted when I take delivery on June 22. Unsure of your timing though.
No way!! Is that an official option now or do you know somebody who knows somebody? I tried like a banshee to get my CLs in something other than black back in Feb 2015 and the answer was "then get the 5-lugs."

I had mine scheduled for April 12th, but then things got too busy preceding a 3-week trip that I'm just concluding tomorrow. So I backed it off till next week. Should have them back and on the car by the week after next.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not changing my mind. I don't like it. If I bought it used the first thing I would do is remove the ricer stripes. It's a classy car......not an old civic. Sorry,you asked.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:54 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

hopefully he/she was.....one of the greats.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

I'm not changing my mind. I don't like it. If I bought it used the first thing I would do is remove the ricer stripes. It's a classy car......not an old civic. Sorry,you asked.
So the 911R is a "ricer" classless car because it has stripes? The car is built from the factory with stripes....no?
Old 05-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I love those

Quick Reply: Who will be the 1st? 911R tribute out of your 991