Sponsored by:

UK Review: 991.2 vs 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Johnny did you drive a manual or PDK on your test drive? In addition to the P cars I listed I had a C63 (6.2l) with a development package, I just don't see any lag. I appreciate you emphatically did, which is why I'm asking which transmission you test drove?
I drove the PDK. Make no mistake if you look for it you can find the lag, but I think it will be virtually imperceptible to most people. I could only sense it in lower revs on normal take off. Admittedly I do think the .2 is a better drive overall because once in boost (which happens quite quickly) it makes more power everywhere except for perhaps upper revs 6k and above.

I think the S model with its larger turbo has more perceptible lag. It also seems gear selection is more important than ever, although I have not driven the manual.

Like I said I had a Turbo car that was bothersome on its power delivery and I think it really turned me off to the similar sound (mostly) and power delivery of the new car.

I think most will enjoy the new car. Both are amazing. We should all be so lucky to have the dilemma of choosing between them.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Own a .1, just drove a .2 manual.
On down shift you seem to experience significant lag as you call for acceleration. The feeling is like things go vague for a fraction of second. My two cents.

Quick Reply: UK Review: 991.2 vs 991.1