Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE Retrofit to S System

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Dirac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SunCoast system's price is $2550. What is the Porsche dealer's price?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:06 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirac
The SunCoast system's price is $2550. What is the Porsche dealer's price?
Places like Sunset Porsche and Suncoast Porsche have a general business model of volume, service, no charged sales tax, decent shipping rates, and about a 15% markup.

Your local dealership will have a significantly higher markup. As much as 100%.

Ask your local parts department to price match.

Ask your local parts department to give you a PCA discount. About 10%.

Make sure your local dealership will allow outside parts purchases.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Dirac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Places like Sunset Porsche and Suncoast Porsche have a general business model of volume, service, no charged sales tax, decent shipping rates, and about a 15% markup.

Your local dealership will have a significantly higher markup. As much as 100%.

Ask your local parts department to price match.

Ask your local parts department to give you a PCA discount. About 10%.

Make sure your local dealership will allow outside parts purchases.
I'm looking to add the PSE. Excellent tips. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2016, 02:48 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Just had mine completed at the dealership. Great addition. A bit costly to do after purchase but my car was a CPO so no choice. Roughly $685 in parts (PSE exhaust excluded) and then an additional $1200 installed in labor/shop time/supplies. Also I added Akrapovic Ti exhaust instead of PSE (Suncoast has best price for the PSE though..about $2500 out the door plus tax/shipping i think)

Anyway adding PSE was one of the best choices ever! Upgrading to do it w/the Akra Ti exhaust...well that's just makes it mo betta!
Attached Images    
Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Guzzgreg
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm doing this probably in the next two weeks. Placing the order for the PSE today from suncoast. Gave my local dealer a chance first to at least come close to Suncoasts price. They told me buy it form them. They quoted me $3900 plus $960 for install with them needing 6 1/2. There are two indies that do great work on our cars near me I'll be getting quotes from them today.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:04 PM
2013CarreraS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a new question related to PSE that I haven't seen asked...

If ordered from Suncast, will the parts fit in the car?? I'm about to order for my 991 Carrera S, and if I can't transport it I'll have shipped to the shop that's going to do the install.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013CarreraS
I have a new question related to PSE that I haven't seen asked...

If ordered from Suncast, will the parts fit in the car?? I'm about to order for my 991 Carrera S, and if I can't transport it I'll have shipped to the shop that's going to do the install.
likely not. But just have it shipped to your dealership and let them know and they'll hold it till your installation date/appt. Most aftermarket vendors do this all the time and will easily accommodate your request (its called a drop ship). Sometimes you have to let your credit card company know to prevent their fraud alert notirication and/or an automatic denial depending on your purchase history, cost of purchase, and their level of monitoring. But otherwise your dealer service guys should be okay with it. Just let them know what you want to do and confirm the shipping address with them and who to ship your PSE to care of (c/o) so that it doesn't get sent back or misplaced.

PS...recently did this with my Akrapovic exhaust and had it drop shipped to my dealer who did the install and PSE retrofit. No problem just let them know what I wanted to do and they were more than happy to coordinate it. Good luck...

Quick Reply: PSE Retrofit to S System