Sponsored by:

991.2 Review / Indepth Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:02 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 991.2 Review / Indepth Information

Porsche magazine excellence new May edition, really great indepth article on new 991.2. Straight from the source Dr.Dietmar Geisse Porsche power development engineer. Lag and sound amongst many other variables was his focus. Personally he's hit it on the head ... Give it a review. It's spot on as is the new irreration
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I see that the new engine has the "purists swooning in delight". I guess anyone who does not like it is therefor not a purist.

Maybe the purists could swoon in delight with less than 50 new threads a day about .2 reviews though.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:02 PM
uberspeed3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing, I'm enjoying the deluge of articles. The only constant is change...
Old 04-10-2016, 11:18 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

What??? You don't subscribe to Excellence? You're missing a treasure. Best American car mag period, whether you're a Porsche nut or not. And to his credit, former editor Pete Stout is now working similar magic on the once moribund PCA Panorama.

Magazines in general may be dying, but there's a huge need for mags like Excellence. The editors and writers curate the enormous universe of information -- in this case Porsche information -- for the rest of us so we get to drill down on some interesting stories (with tremendous depth and detail; actual writers interview actual people and then confirm their information and write it up in entertaining, professional, proof-read prose. What a concept!).

Do us all a favor -- if you don't already, take this opportunity to go to B&N, buy the May issue (big Miami Blue .2 on the cover, as shown) and send back one of those little cards that litter the innards. Keep them healthy with subscriptions.

That's how you can show you're an actual purist!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Is it really that good? The only magazine I read is the Economist... I used to get Playboy, but they don't have naked women anymore so what's the point? I never got it for the articles.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:03 AM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

@NoGaBiker - 100% agree the magazine gets past fluff of all same reviews that are consistently the same. To actually chat to the head of power development and get him to provide his main goals of non turbo lag, and sound importance, as well as how power was scrutinized over and over to bring what we now are purchasing. This is what separates articles, yes we know all the changes and numbers. The door handles improvement and many many other quality upgrades are impressive, but learning how Dr. Geisse came to engineer a better product is informative. going to subscribe.

Having said I can see last 991.2 2019 ? be sent out with 450 hp ? 480 ? At which point I will saw of my right arm (I'm left handed)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Review / Indepth Information