Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"SLOW DOWN!!!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:22 PM
snowcar_C4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a mountain town and don't drive my car in the winter due to heavy snow. I am about ready to take my car out and I am dreading some of the folks on my street already. Speed limit on my street is 20 MPH, I never get my car up to 20 MPH and typically roll down the street at 15 MPH, but the same neighbors make a point of running out and waving a their fists/fingers at me. My choice is not to escalate, so I simply ignore them, even though it's a royal PITA. Without exception these folks drive Prius or Subi station wagons, and many have the ubiquitous "Coexist" sticker on their rear bumper, guess they don't want to coexist with people driving Porsche's.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:36 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,125 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by snowcar_C4S
I live in a mountain town and don't drive my car in the winter due to heavy snow. I am about ready to take my car out and I am dreading some of the folks on my street already. Speed limit on my street is 20 MPH, I never get my car up to 20 MPH and typically roll down the street at 15 MPH, but the same neighbors make a point of running out and waving a their fists/fingers at me. My choice is not to escalate, so I simply ignore them, even though it's a royal PITA. Without exception these folks drive Prius or Subi station wagons, and many have the ubiquitous "Coexist" sticker on their rear bumper, guess they don't want to coexist with people driving Porsche's.
Maybe they are mad at you for driving so slowly - they want to see you open her up!

But seriously, if it were me, I'd stop, get out of the car and ask what they are upset about as you are doing way under the PSL.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 PM
thomnellie
Racer

I wonder how many of them keep to the speed limit?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Let me suggest a reason for their actions. It is possible you have been speeding in the neighborhood on previous occasions and when they see your car they assume you are speeding again.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

I hate when this happens but no conversation will result in these folks believing you weren't speeding. The self righteousness is strong with their kind...
Old 04-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Not once for me (or I'm just not paying attention). I think it must be the PSE because I never have it on in my neighborhood. It doesn't hurt that I live at the edge of the community either though.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Never had anyone ever tell me to slow down, and I drive plenty fast in the neighborhood. If they did, I'd just smile and wave.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:33 AM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta love the autobahn. Left indicator on and floor it! Unfortunately in a rental car and not my 911.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:07 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Let me suggest a reason for their actions. It is possible you have been speeding in the neighborhood on previous occasions and when they see your car they assume you are speeding again.
Never happens. The last thing I'd ever want is to hurt a kid, or dog.

Haters gonna hate!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:15 AM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The dour horse women around here wave wildly and yell slow down, even if you're going 1 MPH when you pass them. It doesn't matter which car. They never smile and are the most miserable people on Earth.

NJ law says 25 MPH around horses, so I now follow the law to the letter.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

(going the limit) taking a left hand turn on to my road from 35 - 30 i see a woman in her house do a double take at me as i come around the corner, she proceeds to run up to the window to watch me go by. No sport button on, all i can think is she saw the headlights swivel as i took the turn, and perhaps assumed i was speeding x way headlights moved?? Just was odd thats all..
Old 04-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

http://www.decaljunky.com/images/Pro...S-STICKERS.jpg
Old 04-11-2016, 01:21 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Is this one of your neighbors?

Old 04-11-2016, 01:23 PM
pavster
Instructor

A cop yelled at me once, and I WAS speeding (not residential). I yelled yes sir and took his advice.

In residential neighborhoods and parking lots I drive like I am in the pits.

There was a guy in an AMG something or other I heard from about a mile ago coming down my street. We have lots of hots cars/bikes so usually I just like to check out the ride, but this guy lit up his tires in the turn leading up to my house and my kids were out playing near the street. So yeah I gave him a stern look and thumbs down. He was a man about it and gave me a very guilty/apologetic look (window was up).
Old 04-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

But yet the old guys on Harley's never get hassled. Those things are just obnoxiously loud. Actually, they probably do get hassled but they are all deaf from years of straight pipe abuse so its like it never happened.

Quick Reply: "SLOW DOWN!!!"