Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Turbo S (TTS) or 991 Turbo (TT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 04:53 AM
Ninesixteen
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 Turbo S (TTS) or 991 Turbo (TT)

Hello Porsche Owner,

I am Donald aka 9/16. I am very new to the site. Today. I am an admirer of the 911 Turbo and Turbo S. In my military service I was stationed over in Germany for total of 9 years. I frequently got to see the 911's blaze the autobahn. Being an American in Germany with a red 2004 Corvette Z06 with headers, intake, and a tune. I thought I was the man. Until,.. a 911 Turbo pulled into my rear view mirror while I was cruising at about about 205 km/h (127mph) on Autobahn 6 from Nurnburg headed towards Heilbronn with my German girlfriend riding with me. I noticed that as I pulled up behind folks in the Big Bad Vette, people seemed to get out of its way. There are usually at least 2 or more lanes headed one direction. In this case 3 lanes. I was in the far left lane. Usually reserved for passing only or high speed. So, while I was enjoying watching the German cars move right to get out my way. I saw headlight flash in my rear view mirror. Yes, it was my first encounter with a 911 Turbo. I remember thinking how much faster does he want to go? Then saying to myself, let's find out. I manually select 4th gear in my manual gearbox, released the clutch, floor boarded the accelerator, used my turn signal and got over to number 2 lane. I smiled thinking I bet he can't hang with this. However, I was wrong. To my amazement, this wide body Porsche then pulled along side me. The driver waved his hand and then this car made this sound. Sounded like a couple of very upset and immensely pissed off hair dyers and WHOOOSSSHHHHH !!! He blew by me like I went hard on the brakes. There was two sounds I will forever remember from that day. 1. That Whoosh from the Porsche and 2. The sound of my girlfriend laughing.

Ok enough of that, hope everyone here found that true story amusing. So now I am in the market for a 991 Turbo or Turbo S. My VETTE has been pretty good over the years. Aside from scheduled services and brakes. The car needed 3 things in my 58k miles and 10 years of ownership. Left front wheel speed sensor wire, passenger door window motor/regulator, and fuel sending unit. Hoping I can get great reliability and not too many dealer visits in a 991 TT or TTS. Because I can't seem to find any long term reviews or any problems with the 991 Turbo or Turbo S. I figured I would join "reenlist" and ask the people that know the real deal and have nothing to lose from telling true stories and life with a 991 TT or a 991 TTS. Getting one is no longer a desire for me, but a necessity. Just want a good idea of what I am getting into and an idea of repair or service costs owners have had over the first year and beyond. I am considering a new one so there will be the 4yr/50k mile warranty. I realize the warranty should cover anything except a fair wear and tear item or prohibited modification. I know the other 991's are probably quite different. So can the 991 Turbo and Turbo S owners chime in and give me their unique experiences with car over time (6 months, 12 months, and beyond)? Anyone with a 991 TT OR 991 TTS with over 50k miles? How has your car been treating you? Dependable, trouble free or problematic? Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Very Respectfully,

Mr 9/16TH's.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Post in the Turbo forum. Lots of TT/TTS owners there

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/
Old 04-10-2016, 10:11 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

12k here on a 15 TT

Oil change at a year - $265 at a dealer
I had a cracked windshield but that is not normal - $900 factory replacement at a dealer.
Will need new rear tires in about another 3k

Have fun they are a great car. Taken care of they will give you years of enjoyment.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:35 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My TTS was worth every single penny! 1.5 years and zero issues. Spectacular power and handling, mind blowing actually. Every time I look at it or get behind the wheel its pure joy.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo S (TTS) or 991 Turbo (TT)