Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dimensions of Rear Window (Targa)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:36 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Dimensions of Rear Window (Targa)?

Looking for approximate dimensions of a 991.1 rear window on a Targa. Going to pick up a sunshade on eBay to protect the little one in the rear seat. Anyone with a tape measure handy? Looking for length and width. TIA
Old 04-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Looking for approximate dimensions of a 991.1 rear window on a Targa. Going to pick up a sunshade on eBay to protect the little one in the rear seat. Anyone with a tape measure handy? Looking for length and width. TIA
Torque.... are you still in need of this info? and if so, exactly what do you want measured, just the width and height if the flat part of the window.... excluding the wrap on both sides?
Old 04-11-2016, 12:00 PM
P991GTS
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

I took these before going to the office. Let me know if you need more precise measurements. I may be able to get them later today. I hope this helps.

Note the tape is hanging out a bit on the left.

The start of the tape on the left is where 39” is. If you only want the width inside the curves, taking out 2.5” on each side, you have 34”.

Note this is on the outside edges.

Note the antenna and keep in mind to take a bit off since I measured on the outside.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:54 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspir8
Torque.... are you still in need of this info? and if so, exactly what do you want measured, just the width and height if the flat part of the window.... excluding the wrap on both sides?
Aspir8, thanks for reaching out. Think I'm good based on the measurements below. Love this forum!

Originally Posted by P991GTS
I took these before going to the office. Let me know if you need more precise measurements. I may be able to get them later today. I hope this helps.

Note the tape is hanging out a bit on the left.

The start of the tape on the left is where 39” is. If you only want the width inside the curves, taking out 2.5” on each side, you have 34”.

Note this is on the outside edges.

Note the antenna and keep in mind to take a bit off since I measured on the outside.
P991GTS, awesome Thank you.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:35 AM
P991GTS
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 40 Posts

Aspir8, thanks for reaching out. Think I'm good based on the measurements below. Love this forum!

P991GTS, awesome Thank you.
You’re welcome. Happy to help if more info is needed.
Old 07-08-2024, 02:29 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 134 Posts

Whatever became of this? Did you succeed in getting a sunshade made for the rear area under the Targa glass?

Quick Reply: Dimensions of Rear Window (Targa)?