Sponsored by:

iPhone Holder Console Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 05:21 PM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Does anyone know whether Kuda is out of business? Their website is not accessible and I've had no response from email or telephone messages. Too bad if they're gone. They had a very unique product offering.
Called (866) 487-5832, got owner on the phone today (05/29/16), and ordered the base, in espresso, with iPhone holder. Should arrive at my house Thursday.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:49 AM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kuda Mount

Installed the Kuda mount today. Had to pull a piece of interior trim off to mount. That is nerve wracking but totally doable.

Drilled a hole in the glove box side wall to feed the cable through. Placed cable under and routed along trim piece. Attached Kuda mount. Pushed trim piece back in firmly. Very clean install.

I used the magnet mount from an old cell phone suction cup mount. Screwed it in place on Kuda mount. Put its rubber cover back in place. Very clean and low profile.

Voilà

Also got a Belkin vent mount. For $15 not bad to hold my wife's phone. It just takes up too much real estate.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:52 AM
dkuznetsov
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the proclip mount, waiting for it to be delivered. I wont lie I sit in bumper to bumper traffic all day, and I text when I come to a stop. I've been doing it since I started driving 10 years ago without incident, probably because i never do it when the car is moving. I have way too much business to take care of on a daily basis to pay for this thing.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:11 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 64 Posts

I just stick my iPhone in the door panel cubby. Less I'm worried about my phone the better. It's stressful sometimes when I'm worried what email or text just came through. I'll just use the Apple CarPlay
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2024, 06:10 PM
Stratocaster
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FVD iPhone holder.

Originally Posted by Homeles
You may be thinking of a Kuda mount.
Here's mine! From FVD
Hello,

I saw you post about this FVD iphone holder. I am looking for something for my 981 .
I have an iphone 13 mini which is roughly the same size as the Iphone 6s but slightly thicker.
Could you please tell me the dimensions of the slot?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 07-27-2024, 06:23 PM
Randy90266
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Magsafe setup

Install on a 2012/13 991.1. Needed a MagSafe setup, as my phone will no longer charge via the lightning port. I already had the magnetic mount from Rennline installed and simply added MagSafe on top and secured with 3M double sided adhesive. Running the cord from the glove box behind the center console panel is a breeze. Personally, I love this phone position. I does not impact the vents, obscure the PCM screen and makes quick typing very easy. Also pictured are the ultimatecupholders (love them) and the CarPlay add on. The CarPlay add-on is semi-challenging to install and definitely not as good a factory install. It's finicky...works most of the time but will not connect here and there. A stop/park/engine off/engine on usually does the trick. Lastly, my favorite "upgrade". The coco mats.

Old 07-28-2024, 11:41 AM
mhconley
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 87 Posts

I use and highly recommend the Exactfit Magsafe phone mount from Rennline: https://www.rennline.com/exactfit-ma...t-sku-pm01-04/

Martin

Last edited by mhconley; 07-29-2024 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-29-2024, 11:15 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 291 Likes on 187 Posts

I'll just put this here :

https://t-design9.com/

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 07-29-2024, 07:56 PM
PDK-LOL
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mhconley
I use and highly recommend the Exactfit Magsafe phone mount from Rennline: https://www.rennline.com/exactfit-ma...t-sku-pm01-04/

Martin
+1 to this. I’m running the Rennline induction mount, wired to the usb in the glove box and a wireless CarPlay adapter on the USB in the center console.

Old 07-30-2024, 10:16 AM
CayCaySwift
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

pro clip makes a nice mount with an extension plate away from the shifter

Quick Reply: iPhone Holder Console Mount