Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you trust your dealership's service department?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:11 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
All this holds true is that you don't mind paying for a porsche loaner car.

Quality of service is hardly the result of a high labor rate.
I know that the dealership always puts paper liners on my floor mat & plastic on the driver's seat and their mechanics have clean or at least daily cleaned uniform and the shop floor looks pretty darn clean too! My Indy shop is not that clean nor are the mechanics wearing clean uniforms! And never a loaner! Maybe a ride though. The question by the OP was trust. I trust my local dealership to do right by me. Is there a cost? Sure. My $.02
Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Check this out. I have had one maybe 2 cups of covered coffee in my car and one Dr. Pepper.
Spilled twice, I pulled over for both and I have a microfiber towel in my car always and I cleaned it up.
THEN my whole A/C Panel goes nuts because Porsche had the great idea of putting the cup holder right over the A/C panel. So I take it in. $1500 later I get my car back. I figure I screwed it up myself I should pay for it. When I brought it home BEFORE the part comes in (2 weeks later) I was out in the country and put my sunroof back and hit Sport Plus and scare myself.
So the part comes in and they fix it. Going home a GTI messes with me (I find out later 550hp at the wheel) and I hit sport plus and NOGO. So I call them up this is 100% THEIR fault. I bring it back in and they tell me its related. They want to charge me another $1500 for ANOTHER controller. I went ballistic and he said he would try TRY to get a good will through Porsche. This is in Boise Idaho at Lye Pearson.
I am not very happy about this. I need to do a search and see if this cup holder problem is common.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Niello Porsche in Sacramento has always taken care of me really well on the service side of the house, the other two dealerships I've been to didn't totally live up to my expectations, although they weren't nearly as bad as some BMW dealerships I've been to.
Niello has treated me well, the few times I've used it. These few times were separated by some years and that is to me worthy to note.

Also, I hear that Niello is one of the highest rated, if not the highest rated, Porsche dealers in the USA.

I've also had good service from Livermore Porsche here in Livermore.

Walnut Creek Porsche has been good, as has Rector Porsche in Burlingame.

Further away Wichita KS Porche dealer, Springfield MO Porsche dealer, Oklahoma Porsche dealer, and Aristocrat Porsche in Merriam KS have all been good in my experience.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts

completely. makes the ownership experience fun to know the 2 guys back there working the magic. i wouldn't have had my x51 install if i didn't know and trust the service dept. dealer also services my 67 912–has serviced all my old stuff over the years. the synergy that can happen between parts dept., factory and techs on the fly = very cool, it can be anyways. seems that for every story like mine there is 20 saying the opposite. like anything, its all about the people, the talent.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:12 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by beaverlake
Porsche Bellevue - extremely competent, ethical, and competitive. We've had a 981 BS, 991 C2s cab, and 991 C4s cab - none of which we purchased from them. Since day one we've been treated well, we have a good relationship with "the guys", and I've had a number of requests handled under warranty that might not always exactly fit the exact definition of warranty work. (Judgement call, went my way). I'm totally satisfied.
Great to read that! Will get my first Porsche 991.2 when my ordered car arrives end of April. I was wondering how Porsche Bellevue was, and a little worried that they are owned by Autonation. Decided to buy through them because they are so close. Have been dealing with Horst and he seems like a good guy. Also a motorcycle nut like me so we have that in common.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 PM
Ice9ine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche of Nashua, NH and Porsche of Norwell, MA have always done good work for me. I'm happy with their Service. With Porsche of Norwell, I'm usually assigned the same Tech, who is great. Knows me and my car.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I had wheels on my Jaguar all messed up by the local dealership when they were swapping out summer/winter tires. They completely lied and said they had nothing to do with the scratches. Yeah, right.

I never seem to have luck with dealership service departments. I truly believe that their department, as a profit center, are consistently trying to maximize their short term revenue and could really give a **** whether you buy another car from them in the future. Especially given the fact that, like me, most of these cars are not bought locally.

My 991 C4S is due for its first oil change and I am already regretting having to deal with it
Old 03-23-2016, 11:00 PM
dds007
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone notice that you can have the dealer by their ***** with the reviews they take so seriously
Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Mate
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for out of topic question. But are all those cars in your signature European Deliveries?? If so, impressive! I ve done it only twice: 2011 E92 M3 and 2014 Macan S. Why replacing cars every year with the same but year newer model?

Originally Posted by trucheli
I don't! If they screw up a simple oil change how can I trust any other service on my car?
I went in for an early oil change at 1300 miles requesting not to reset the computer, fill up with Mobil 1 5W50 and make sure they torque to specs. After 30minutes the SA tells me that there is No Charge because the technician reset the computer. After the car is delivered I open the engine compartment to check and inspect and I found the fan cover loose on one side, I called the SA and he takes the car back to get it corrected. When I get hone I parked the car and went on a Cruise for 4 days. I pulled the car out of my garage and I found a pool of oil on the ground because the so called technician never torqued the drain plug to specs. Needless to say that I told the truth on the survey and from now on I am doing my own oil changes.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dds007
Anyone notice that you can have the dealer by their ***** with the reviews they take so seriously
They definitely do not like negative reviews. Unfortunately, though, the review isn't done until AFTER their lousy, overcharged, and rude service.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:17 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mate
Sorry for out of topic question. But are all those cars in your signature European Deliveries?? If so, impressive! I ve done it only twice: 2011 E92 M3 and 2014 Macan S. Why replacing cars every year with the same but year newer model?
That's correct!. First, to enjoy a European vacation every year driving my own car. Second, to build equity on every car purchase. Thanks to BMW European Delivery's discount and my dealer's $xxx over invoice deal I was able to flip my cars braking even or minimizing the cost of ownership while at the same time building equity due to low interest rate environment.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I don't! If they screw up a simple oil change how can I trust any other service on my car? I went in for an early oil change at 1300 miles requesting not to reset the computer, fill up with Mobil 1 5W50 and make sure they torque to specs. After 30minutes the SA tells me that there is No Charge because the technician reset the computer. After the car is delivered I open the engine compartment to check and inspect and I found the fan cover loose on one side, I called the SA and he takes the car back to get it corrected. When I get home I parked the car and went on a Cruise for 4 days. I pulled the car out of my garage and I found a pool of oil on the ground because the so called technician never torqued the drain plug to specs. Needless to say that I told the truth on the survey and from now on I am doing my own oil changes.
I see you are in Miami. Your story sounds like it's from a certain dealer in Coral Gables...

Quick Reply: Do you trust your dealership's service department?