Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think my rotors are cooked?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016 | 04:38 PM
BradB
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jerrygreene
my .02 Drilled rotors on track will not last any where near slotted rotors....
I'm convinced of that. I looked at Girodisc and the set up with hats is around $2400. Brembo is around $4500. And replacement rotors (without hats) are still three times the price of OEM rotors. I'm told they don't last three times longer so it's hard to make a money case for them. (Sure, they are a bit lighter but that won't improve 'my' track times!)

So I am starting a search for a cheaper solution. Pelican sells Sebro and Zimmerman. I don't know anything about the brands. They list Sebro as slotted but there is no accurate picture of them. I'll keep looking.

I'm open to suggestions.
Old 03-15-2016 | 09:10 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BradB
I'm convinced of that. I looked at Girodisc and the set up with hats is around $2400. Brembo is around $4500. And replacement rotors (without hats) are still three times the price of OEM rotors. I'm told they don't last three times longer so it's hard to make a money case for them. (Sure, they are a bit lighter but that won't improve 'my' track times!)

So I am starting a search for a cheaper solution. Pelican sells Sebro and Zimmerman. I don't know anything about the brands. They list Sebro as slotted but there is no accurate picture of them. I'll keep looking.

I'm open to suggestions.
PM us for special RL pricing and also pad recommendations.

The Girodisc setup doesn't include pads, but the Brembo setup does. Because the Brembo setup also uses the PCCB pad shapes that has a bit better pad surface. Yes it's still more expensive, but they are more reliable and last longer (a forum search should give some user reviews and feedback).

But if it's too pricey, then I would look into Sebro or other good OE quality slotted rotors (there seem to be good reviews on Sebro but we haven't personally used them).
Old 03-16-2016 | 02:09 PM
BradB
Drifting

Unfortunately Sebro doesn't make a front rotor for the 991.
Old 03-16-2016 | 04:30 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Both are good brands. As far as the wording goes for the description of Sebro, if the Sebro description under it says "slotted & coated," they're slotted. I believe the ones that say "coated" only are drilled. I can confirm this for anyone interested.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg2.htm#item7
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-16-2016 | 07:41 PM
BradB
Drifting

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Both are good brands. As far as the wording goes for the description of Sebro, if the Sebro description under it says "slotted & coated," they're slotted. I believe the ones that say "coated" only are drilled. I can confirm this for anyone interested.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg2.htm#item7
Does Zimmerman carry a slotted for the 991S?
Old 03-16-2016 | 09:01 PM
Cbst09
Racer

I've looked into this for a friend's brakes I was doing and the issue right now is that Sebro does make a slotted rotor for the 991S rears but does not have one available yet for the fronts. I am not aware of anyone making aftermarket 1 piece rotors for the 991S yet. So if you wanted to go slotted you would have to use drilled fronts and slotted rears.
Old 03-17-2016 | 12:29 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BradB
Does Zimmerman carry a slotted for the 991S?
I do not believe so.

Quick Reply: Do you think my rotors are cooked?