Full hood paint protection? Need your help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by 9914s
Few more shots.
Yikes. Any chance you can get some of your money back and get it redone somewhere else?
Old 03-12-2016, 01:44 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 837 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
No offence but this looks even worse, not sure I've heard of a hood/fender wrap job that doesn't wrap around leaving exposed edges like that. Very odd. My guy uses a computer cut pattern system as well but every edge is fully wrapped over. The potential for dirt etc to get caught in all of those exposed seams is high plus it is quite noticeable.
For my 1st ever wrapped car I'm glad it's on a silver car because you don't notice. I'll know what you ask for next time.

BTW on a daily driver how many years do folks get out of a wrap before they take it off and have it redone? I already have a nice scratch in the film on the bumper from a piece of road debris.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:44 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Few more shots.

That's a butcher job. I hate seeing these posts come up. They do here and 6Speed every 6 months or so. Worse than I thought. Research and seeing previous work of the installer is a MUST. I swear, PPF installers should have to be licensed or something. More idiots doing it than professionals.

DO NOT let this place touch you car again. Go to a real PPF installer. Demand a full refund. It does get worse. You'll most likely find that this butcher probably cut the film too deep when trimming and cut into the clear coat/paint. A good person can cut it by scoring the film and not going all the way through. This guy? Expect the worse. You won't see the paint cuts until removal.

Is it only the hood where they did this install while blindfolded and on meth? Did they use precut patterns on the rest?

Find someone else to access the situation ASAP.

What is the name of this place? Better warn others.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:57 AM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Yikes. Any chance you can get some of your money back and get it redone somewhere else?
This is my plan I will know more Wensday.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991
That's a butcher job. I hate seeing these posts come up. They do here and 6Speed every 6 months or so. Worse than I thought. Research and seeing previous work of the installer is a MUST. I swear, PPF installers should have to be licensed or something. More idiots doing it than professionals.

DO NOT let this place touch you car again. Go to a real PPF installer. Demand a full refund. It does get worse. You'll most likely find that this butcher probably cut the film too deep when trimming and cut into the clear coat/paint. A good person can cut it by scoring the film and not going all the way through. This guy? Expect the worse. You won't see the paint cuts until removal.

Is it only the hood where they did this install while blindfolded and on meth? Did they use precut patterns on the rest?

Find someone else to access the situation ASAP.

What is the name of this place? Better warn others.
Thanks I agree with you name is the Tint World, right in front of Braman Porsche. West Palm Beach, FL
Old 03-12-2016, 12:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks I agree with you name is the Tint World, right in front of Braman Porsche. West Palm Beach, FL
Sorry and good luck. Unfortunately, every dime a dozen tint shop in FL think they're pro PPF installers.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:46 PM
RichAA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My edges are wrapped, but not the corners. Xpel

Old 03-12-2016, 12:57 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts
Exclamation

This is frustrating - we all pay for a perfect job and the results are so installer dependent. I would say the ONLY way of assuring that perfect install is to select your installer beforehand after scrutinizing some of his work and when you find perfection, let them know that's what you are expecting on your vehicle. They may charge a few hundred more, but to pay over a thousand on mediocre work is even more painful!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear you but I'm in West Palm Beach hardly a small market.
You should've gone to the best installer in South Florida AutoSuperShield in Boca Raton.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have use Tint World for my Formula One tint on my '15 991 GTS, the owner did the job and I am very happy with the work. Six months ago they weren't doing clear bras. I live in Miami, but they were the only authorized dealer for Llumar Formula One, I took the trip and when I've got there I was not too sure if I shoul've let them touch my brand new car. They have been in business for a long time and I went ahead and did the job. Also, I recommended a friend of mine for tinting her 2015 435 Grand Coupe but she had to go back to fix some bubbles. They did the job again under warranty with no issues.

My suggestion would be that if you are planning on adding more clear film just take it to Pepe at AutoSuperShield and have them address your other issues, they will help you out. Tell John that Ivanoff referred you. I did full hood, front bumper, front fenders, mirror caps and rockers. My car is white and I have Suntek. Nobody can tell that I have a clear bra on my car. They are the best in the business in South Florida.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:20 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trucheli
You should've gone to the best installer in South Florida AutoSuperShield in Boca Raton.
Thanks, I will make an appointment with them.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:30 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RichAA
My edges are wrapped, but not the corners. Xpel
Yikes, that's as bad as the OP's jib. I would not have paid for that. All edges and corners are wrapped perfectly on my Xpel install.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:19 PM
RichAA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Yikes, that's as bad as the OP's jib. I would not have paid for that. All edges and corners are wrapped perfectly on my Xpel install.
Hardly, but it came that way on my CPO car and since I can barely see it, I'm good.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have spoken to two expel installers in north jersey area and both do not wrap the corners of the hood. I saw their work and it came out great but They both said the corner if wrapped would unwrap itself over short time.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:58 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the help guys I got my money back and made an appointment with Autosupershield in Boca.

Quick Reply: Full hood paint protection? Need your help