Sponsored by:

GTS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 02:11 AM
2016GTS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTS Exhaust

I'm not big into modifying an already great car but I have been looking for some upgrades that will produce useful and dyno proven hp or torque increases. So does anybody know if there are muffler by pass systems out there with dyno test results? Or x pipe systems?

Aside from a cobb map anything else out there?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:23 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

By-pass more of a turbo thing as I recall from searching. Several great x-pipe or exhaust options from a few grand to triple that.

Before/after dynos from real users are few and far between it seems.

You mentioned Cobb. The other I see is giac by way of awe. About same price.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

FVD.US
Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Most exhaust manufacturers will put out a claim of ~5-25hp depending on the location in the powerband. I wouldn't pick up an exhaust just to gain power. But, theoretically, I've read that a straight-through x-pipe design will yield a bit more power compared to the stock PSE mid-muffler.

True or not, I'm not sure. But there are a ton of companies you can check out (FabSpeed, AWE, Cargraphic, FVD, etc.)
Old 03-10-2016, 05:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Don't expect any noticeable gains from anything behind the catalytic converters other than a better sounding option and a little weight loss. I wouldn't do any exhaust options for merely performance gains.

There's so many exhaust theads between here and 6Speed it would make your head spin.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:23 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with STG about all the threads and the dearth of real data. And what little data there is seems to indicate that you can spend a lot of bucks for little to no gain in HP or torque. I tend to be in the camp of no worthwhile gain. The sound may vary and it may or may not be a good thing but for 991s exhaust alone seems to be an investment in sound, not necessarily a sound investment.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by beaverlake
I agree with STG about all the threads and the dearth of real data. And what little data there is seems to indicate that you can spend a lot of bucks for little to no gain in HP or torque. I tend to be in the camp of no worthwhile gain. The sound may vary and it may or may not be a good thing but for 991s exhaust alone seems to be an investment in sound, not necessarily a sound investment.
Totally agree.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have some 'GTS-specific' headers and cats from Fabspeed on the way to me, which I plan to dyno test. Won't be for a few weeks probably, but I'll post results here when it happens.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:34 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I have some 'GTS-specific' headers and cats from Fabspeed on the way to me, which I plan to dyno test. Won't be for a few weeks probably, but I'll post results here when it happens.
Didn't you try headers at some point? What brand?

Plan on using PSE with the FabSpeed headers?

Fabspeed and Cargraphic quote 200 cel cats. What are OEM?

Cargraphic also has a long tube design.

Last edited by STG; 03-11-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're looking for a legitimate increase in power and performance from a lightweight exhaust system built without compromise, then this particular system from Akrapovič is going to be something to look out for. Here's some more info:

Old 03-11-2016, 01:54 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG991
Didn't you try headers at some point? What brand?

Plan on using PSE with the FabSpeed headers?

Fabspeed and Cargraphic quote 200 cel cats. What are OEM?

Cargraphic also has a long tube design.
I did. Long story, detailed in 'MagicRat's modification thread'. Short version: I had their sport headers, which seemed to make the car make less on the dyno. Fabspeed are in the process of exchanging them for ones with a wider-aperture cat (which I think is what the Cargraphic ones have). We shall see how the new ones perform, but I've been impressed with Fabspeed's customer service so far.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:00 PM
STG
Race Director

I did. Long story, detailed in 'MagicRat's modification thread'. Short version: I had their sport headers, which seemed to make the car make less on the dyno. Fabspeed are in the process of exchanging them for ones with a wider-aperture cat (which I think is what the Cargraphic ones have). We shall see how the new ones perform, but I've been impressed with Fabspeed's customer service so far.
Read it. Yikes.

Why not just go with Cargraphic? Look like same $$$. They have a proven track record.

I can't believe the pics of the FS ones. Barf.

Anyone try Cargraphic headers???

http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/produ...11-models/991/

Last edited by STG; 03-11-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:02 PM
2016GTS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would l love to see those once you get it done. Hope you get some great results!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:27 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG991
Read it. Yikes.

Why not just go with Cargraphic? Look like same $$$. They have a proven track record.

I can't believe the pics of the FS ones. Barf.

Anyone try Cargraphic headers???

http://www.cargraphicts.com/en/produ...11-models/991/
I was going to, but FS offered me a pretty generous discount on the new ones and seemed like they wanted to make things right so am giving them benefit of doubt for now. We are currently corresponding about the state of the bolts!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:33 PM
STG
Race Director

I was going to, but FS offered me a pretty generous discount on the new ones and seemed like they wanted to make things right so am giving them benefit of doubt for now. We are currently corresponding about the state of the bolts!
Do you still have PSE?

Wondering how Cargraphic headers would be with PSE? I assume a bit more aggressive.

I like PSE, and don't see much upside for the cost of a new full aftermarket exhaust system. Not a fan of bypass pipes.

Last edited by STG; 03-11-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS Exhaust