Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Then I'm happy not surprised.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:32 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I just don't get screwing around with the ECU in a brand new warrantied car to get such a tiny amount more hp. It tells me Porsche doesn't put enough in to start with.
J
Old 03-11-2016, 09:18 AM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 139 Posts

Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm getting back to you all with PMs now.

Cobb has a pretty strict policy on sales/discounts so as to keep an even playing field between them and all of their protuners/dealers, so we won't be able to offer a discount. This is a great value for what you get, however. The Cobb Accessport is a great tool not only for its ability to allow us to tune the ECU and provide great horsepower gains at low cost like this, but the diagnostic and ECU management tools that come along with it.

We've also spent a lot of time working with Cobb directly to make this tune happen and be the first to offer a 991 GTS tune.

You also save quite a bit of money on the ECU tune if you purchase the Accessport through us, which I will explain in detail in the PMs.

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Old 03-11-2016, 09:41 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9914s
21hp over the OTS map or over stock?
Over stock and that is wheel horsepower.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Why is pricing a secret that can only be revealed through private message?
We can only post pricing in classified ads. Otherwise the post will get deleted, and we'll get an earful from the mods.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:20 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TPC Racing
We can only post pricing in classified ads. Otherwise the post will get deleted, and we'll get an earful from the mods.
Ah. Ok, that certainly makes sense. Sorry if I seemed disparaging but until you explained it I couldn't understand your rationale. I also received your PM and the price seems very reasonable for what you're offering. Perhaps once I'm out of warranty I'll give this proper consideration.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Ah. Ok, that certainly makes sense. Sorry if I seemed disparaging but until you explained it I couldn't understand your rationale. I also received your PM and the price seems very reasonable for what you're offering. Perhaps once I'm out of warranty I'll give this proper consideration.
I'm actually double checking with the moderators right now; just waiting to hear back. Because another user in this thread mentioned that he was told vendors aren't required to post pricing, but are encouraged. I found wording very similar to this in their policy, so I'm looking into it. If that's the case it contradicts what our understanding previously was. But if we are allowed to post pricing we are MORE than happy to (trust me if I'm going to be mailing people individually I would much rather have real, consultative discussions with them rather than simply blasting out prices to a bunch of people a day).

I will report back when I have an official statement from a mod.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I just don't get screwing around with the ECU in a brand new warrantied car to get such a tiny amount more hp. It tells me Porsche doesn't put enough in to start with.
J
Lets just say mods of this nature are not for everyone. Also it is really not about squeaking out an extra 5hp. The real gain for me is how much more responsive the car feels and the smoothing of the power band. I do feel the power comes on earlier and the car does feel quicker. But I am very happy with the attitude of the car now. If this is not important to you and you are concerned about warranty then its not for you.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:40 AM
TPC Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Lets just say mods of this nature are not for everyone. Also it is really not about squeaking out an extra 5hp. The real gain for me is how much more responsive the car feels and the smoothing of the power band. I do feel the power comes on earlier and the car does feel quicker. But I am very happy with the attitude of the car now. If this is not important to you and you are concerned about warranty then its not for you.
Very well put. The one thing I would add is one thing that's so great about the Cobb Accessport is you can switch between your performance tune and stock tune at anytime.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:45 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I'm actually double checking with the moderators right now; just waiting to hear back. Because another user in this thread mentioned that he was told vendors aren't required to post pricing, but are encouraged. I found wording very similar to this in their policy, so I'm looking into it. If that's the case it contradicts what our understanding previously was.
I'm pretty sure my statement is correct. Search the Arkrapovic post. I asked this question there. The mod responded as I stated. I'd search for it, but can't on the mobile app easily. Sorry.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S

Curious to hear your impressions in a few days. I told myself that I would keep my GTS bone stock as I was incredibly happy with it. It really is a perfect car.

But, then I got trigger happy and bought/installed an AWE SwitchPath.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
Curious to hear your impressions in a few days. I told myself that I would keep my GTS bone stock as I was incredibly happy with it. It really is a perfect car.

Sure would be happy to. I have the Kline Iconel exhaust at this time but with exhaust the Stage 1 tune for 93 Octane was all I needed.

My car is going to the paint shop and Xpel installer so It will be about 10 days before I have it back for more drive time. I have been driving it for about 3 days now and still have the same impressions but will keep reporting as I continue to drive.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 PM
2016GTS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm getting back to you all with PMs now.

Cobb has a pretty strict policy on sales/discounts so as to keep an even playing field between them and all of their protuners/dealers, so we won't be able to offer a discount. This is a great value for what you get, however. The Cobb Accessport is a great tool not only for its ability to allow us to tune the ECU and provide great horsepower gains at low cost like this, but the diagnostic and ECU management tools that come along with it.

We've also spent a lot of time working with Cobb directly to make this tune happen and be the first to offer a 991 GTS tune.

You also save quite a bit of money on the ECU tune if you purchase the Accessport through us, which I will explain in detail in the PMs.
Can you please send me PM as well on pricing? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:38 AM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus

A glorious mod imho!

Quick Reply: 455 HP NOW AVAILABLE: TPC Racing 991 GTS ECU Tune via Cobb Accessport