Techart vs H&R springs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes correct

Originally Posted by 911passion
Sounds great. You have PASM though, correct?
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 PM
TSOS
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Based on these discussions I think I need to order some techart springs. I don't plan on changing the ride height so coilovers may not be necessary. For those with techart springs did you keep your spacers on? Any thoughts on where to buy springs?
Old 07-28-2017, 04:48 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TSOS
Based on these discussions I think I need to order some techart springs. I don't plan on changing the ride height so coilovers may not be necessary. For those with techart springs did you keep your spacers on? Any thoughts on where to buy springs?
I bought my springs from TAG. They were great to work with.

You may also want to talk to the guys at Supreme Power. I've worked with them also and they are first class.

i think sharkworks sells them also but didn't have them in stock when I ordered.

keep in mind, techart makes slightly different springs for the RWD vs 4 models so make sure you specify when ordering. Also let the springs settle over night after the install and then do a full alignment,
Old 07-28-2017, 08:41 AM
TSOS
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. I checked out their site. Some good stuff on there. They have a small Vorsteiner spoiler that I have my eye on also.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSOS
Thanks. I checked out their site. Some good stuff on there. They have a small Vorsteiner spoiler that I have my eye on also.
got it!

Old 01-20-2018, 01:02 AM
MPOW33R
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im Soooo torn !!love the way the lowered 991looks.
I just received my HnR set for my 991.1 Base No PASM.

However here is the problem. I just got my 2011 Cayman base
back from the shop 3 hours ago and I had my H&R installed AND the back is lower.
This reverse rake will drive me absolutely insane.
So im looking to install spring pads in the rear.

Back to the original question, Will my H&R set I just purchased for my 991.1
sag or just "look" lower in the back? I don't see it much in anyones pictures,
but Im very particular about the reverse rake effect. I clearly see that Techart and Eibach
ares lightly taller in the rear and I love it BUT I also like to be lower in general.
Even if the measurements are dialed with H&R, it is more about the "look"

I have 7mm and 14mm H&R spacers and Sharkwerks X pipe.

Can anyone chime in with pictures of a 991 BASE, NO PASM and H&Rs
please or even better a side by side of Techs and H&Rs.

I see and searched a ton, but still want to be absolutley sure to go with H&R
opposed to Techart.

I appreciate your time in advance,this is my 1st Post here =)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Anyone else go to H&R springs with a PASM .1? How much stiffer/harsher would you say it is from stock? And most importantly, how much of an effect on handling would you say it has?

Mine has H&R’s (PASM) but since I bought it like this, I don’t have a stock reference. I will say it sits flawlessly in my opinion, and the ride is shockingly comfortable (almost too comfortable) considering how low it is and how thin the tire wall is. I almost wish it was more stiff, but then it may lose the universal balance it has. It’s extremely daily driveable and if you were riding in it not knowing that it has lowering springs, you wouldn’t think it’s anything other than OEM, in terms of how you’d expect a 911 to ride.

I will say that considering this is a PASM car with said lowering springs, I’d imagine a stock, non-PASM standard suspension .1 base (as in, the standard equal to my car) would be way too floaty for me.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by leopard print
Here's my car for reference. I'm on TechArt springs.
That looks fantastic. I have a 991.1 GTS with sport PASM, PDCC so as low as the factory options go, looks good but I still think another 5-10mm would be perfect, darn shame I can fit spacers to the centre locks, another 5-7mm there would be perfect too !

Looks like you were on SPASM before with that front lip ?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

More recent photo with techart. H&R is lower from what I understand but I already worry about scraping on steep drive ways. Haven’t had many issues yet, but everywhere there could be angled entry and exit is a must. I can’t imagine being lower.
The following users liked this post:
Spectre65 (09-24-2022)
Old 01-21-2018, 06:47 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Anyone know what the spring rates are for :

991.1 GTS SPASM and H&R, Techart ? I want similar stiffness but not softer or much stiffer, ride is spot on but would like another 5-10mm drop.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:20 PM
MPOW33R
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SOOO GOOD !! THANK YOU LOVE THAT SHOT !!
Techart is my final choice !! Thank you

now... anyone have a set for sale? Sharkwerks is all out
and local to me but need to grab them from Germany ..,
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Anyone else go to H&R springs with a PASM .1? How much stiffer/harsher would you say it is from stock? And most importantly, how much of an effect on handling would you say it has?
I have that setup, only with SPASM. After install I barely noticed a difference just driving around town, however it does feel more planted in corners. Overall I'm very satisfied with the ride quality, and the car sits perfect IMO.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:59 PM
BUstang
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.modbargains.com/KW-HAS-91...3-25371045.htm

Does the KW HAS kit affect the stock shocks in anyway - i.e. affecting the ability to stiffen via PASM on a Carrera S?
Old 01-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

I'm seriously considering the KW adjustable springs for my 991.1 GTS which has SPASM, I want to corner weight the car and set it up correctly. I also want it to sit at GT3 ride height, so another 5-10mm lower than current settings. Anyone used these with SPASM ? My other alternative is Techart, but want to make sure they are definitely the right ride height and 5mm lower than SPASM

Any recommended suspension settings for 'fast road' . I suspect I will replace the original Pirelli's this year with Michelin PS4S tyres
Old 02-01-2018, 03:40 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

I spoke to KW and seems they don’t mix or change spring rates with the HAS kits, they are focussed on lowering and are evidently not set out as a handling upgrade. Which I guess is what I want, however I expect a small improvement from SPASM and geometry corner weights etc. My concern is going softer than SPASM

Anyone know what spring rates SPASM is and what the difference is to PASM ?

Im moving towards Techart now as nervous about losing stiffness, unsure there too !

Quick Reply: Techart vs H&R springs...