Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw Xpel matte film for the first time and I loved it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Just saw Xpel matte film for the first time and I loved it!

Today I went to get Suntek clear film on the rocker panels of my 2015 GTS. The guys were working on a brand new Jaguar F-Type Project 7 (what a beautiful car) putting the white Xpel matte finish. I was so impressed how great it looked, it reminded me of the BMW frozen white paint. I wonder if anyone here have done it. Love to see some pictures on a P car.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 PM
whoadude
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Any pics further away?
Old 02-17-2016, 07:09 PM
trucheli
Pro

Ask and you will receive!
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2016, 09:36 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

so just to clarify the xpel itself is colored with a matte finish or it's clear with a matte finish that just shows the color of the paint underneath?
Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
so just to clarify the xpel itself is colored with a matte finish or it's clear with a matte finish that just shows the color of the paint underneath?
The film itself is matte instead of clear.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:05 AM
blschaefer1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
The film itself is matte instead of clear.
I think you mean the film is clear (allowing color of paint show show through) with a matte finish as opposed to the normal gloss for paint protection film. Unless they were installing a white matte color change film, which is fairly popular right now.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:07 AM
blschaefer1
Instructor

Today I went to get Suntek clear film on the rocker panels of my 2015 GTS. The guys were working on a brand new Jaguar F-Type Project 7 (what a beautiful car) putting the white Xpel matte finish. I was so impressed how great it looked, it reminded me of the BMW frozen white paint. I wonder if anyone here have done it. Love to see some pictures on a P car.
There is something else going on with that hood. Looks like some subtle printed images on clear gloss film. Notice the Bugatti logo. Weird on a Jag. Unless perhaps those are reflections.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 AM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by blschaefer1
I think you mean the film is clear (allowing color of paint show show through) with a matte finish as opposed to the normal gloss for paint protection film. Unless they were installing a white matte color change film, which is fairly popular right now.
No, I said the film is matte. But you can call it clear with matte finish. You can see that the original paint is glossy and they have applied the matte XPel film on door and rear fender. This is protective film.

Here is the film:
https://www.xpel.com/products/stealth_film.asp

Last edited by trucheli; 02-18-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:39 AM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by blschaefer1
There is something else going on with that hood. Looks like some subtle printed images on clear gloss film. Notice the Bugatti logo. Weird on a Jag. Unless perhaps those are reflections.
The hood is not being shown on the picture. There is a reflection on the windshield from a picture on the wall. That's all.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:38 AM
blschaefer1
Instructor

The hood is not being shown on the picture. There is a reflection on the windshield from a picture on the wall. That's all.
My mistake. Thought it was a hood, but the first pic must be a close up of the area behind the drivers side headrest. Strange reflection I guess.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:42 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

There are quite a few Porsche's that have XPEL STEALTH applied (as well as other makes) on our Motoroso Page, click XPEL STEALTH to see.

I included a few below, but there are more in the link.

Name:  XPEL STEALTH Panamera.png
Views: 725
Size:  1.70 MB
Name:  XPEL STEALTH Panamera2.png
Views: 728
Size:  1.55 MB
Name:  XPEL STEALTH Panamera3.png
Views: 766
Size:  1.83 MB
Name:  XPEL STEALTH PORSCHE.png
Views: 739
Size:  637.4 KB
Name:  XPEL STEALTH PORSCHE2.png
Views: 699
Size:  1.21 MB

Old 02-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Db750
Intermediate

I really like the look, and will consider it for a future car, but for me the matte look works better on bmws than on porsche. For some reason I think the 911s just look better with a gloss paint. I would probably go for the satin finish expel which I believe is more in between the matte and stealth.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:39 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Db750
I really like the look, and will consider it for a future car, but for me the matte look works better on bmws than on porsche. For some reason I think the 911s just look better with a gloss paint. I would probably go for the satin finish expel which I believe is more in between the matte and stealth.
XPEL STEALTH is a satin-finish film. It matches the factory satin finish that BMW Frozen paint makes, and numerous other companies that do a satin finish. Such as the Hyundai Veloster
Name:  Hyundai Veloster @whitegloveauto.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  126.9 KB
Old 02-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Db750
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
XPEL STEALTH is a satin-finish film. It matches the factory satin finish that BMW Frozen paint makes, and numerous other companies that do a satin finish. Such as the Hyundai Veloster
Attachment 1021757
Yes that is the one that I really like. I saw a guy on the bmw forum that wrapped his Silverstone M4 in that and it looked amazing! I will probably get an m4 this summer when my m3 lease is up and was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you guys have a recommended installer in the Lexington KY area? Thanks for you help!
Old 02-18-2016, 11:45 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Db750
Yes that is the one that I really like. I saw a guy on the bmw forum that wrapped his Silverstone M4 in that and it looked amazing! I will probably get an m4 this summer when my m3 lease is up and was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you guys have a recommended installer in the Lexington KY area? Thanks for you help!
That sounds awesome! We don't have one in lexington as of yet, but we always have new training classes every week. We do have some installers near, XPEL US

Quick Reply: Just saw Xpel matte film for the first time and I loved it!