Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 03:20 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Love it. OEM++ all the way. Did you keep the same center cap or have them painted to match? I wish the center caps were metal...
The center caps were painted to match by the powder coating place. Since the caps are plastic in paint, and the wheels are metal in powder, the match is not perfect, but close enough.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 212 Likes on 98 Posts

Got this for my garage. It popped up as an ad in my FB feed. Normally $349.95, it's still on sale for $239.95 plus free shipping. Made in China, but they ship it via air and arrived to my house in under two weeks. Packaging was unbeleivably intricate with pieces of foam layered throughout the entire thing covering every possible gap in around all the tubes. Best packaging job I've ever seen on anything I've ever had shipped to me (seriously, it was amazing). I plan on buying a motion sensor outlet to hook it up to so it always comes on when we're in the garage but turns off after 5 minutes of no movement.

https://www.brilliantneonsigns.com/order-form27839640

The following users liked this post:
acwild70 (03-05-2020)
Old 06-04-2019, 06:55 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Thanks. Trying to decide what to do with wheels (silver powdercoat vs HRE FF01 vs BBS CHR) and height (keep stock SPASM vs H&R vs Techart vs Coilovers or HAS). Eventually Soul exhaust and maybe headers.
Wheels are more than just looks Sadly the Porsche OEM wheels are anchors. The HRE FF01's or BBS CHR's are very lightweight in comparison and also look incredibly beautiful. You can refinish the OEM wheels to see how you like it and then down the road package together the HRE's or BBS wheels with the Soul exhaust & headers for the most savings

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 PM
J3C
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Elite Automotive Repair in North Jersey did the full exhaust install and 40k maintenance for me. Doug, a fellow Rennlister and shop owner, did a great job.
  • Akrapovic Exhaust Ti
  • Fabspeed Headers (200 cel)
  • Tachart Springs
  • 40k Service (plugs, bmc filters, coils, oil, etc)
  • Vorsteiner Rear Spoiler
  • OEM Front Spoiler
  • GTS Rear Grille
  • DB Carbon Fiber Door Panel
  • DB Carbon Fiber Misc. Parts (on order)
  • OEM Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (on order)
  • Alcantara A-Pillar (on order)

To say this car rips is an understatement. I have some sound clips on a new Instagram account I created to start documenting the build (@casualcorona). Just need to figure out the PSE retro fit.

(ECS spacers 8mm/15mm, 12mm in order for front)

Old 06-04-2019, 11:10 PM
Boxsterjbc
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail

Thanks! They were powder coated. The color is a little darker than the factory Porsche silver. I wanted to find the best mix of contrast and depth in these wheels. The factory silver style shows all of the detail but has little contrast to the machined face, and the black ones have huge contrast but hide the subtle character of the wheels. I got these wheels used for a good price and had them refinished, so this is just an experiment.
Boy, that's pushing my buttons. I'm in the Bay area and also have an extra set of sport techno's. Been thinking about this experiment also, but was a little unsure about gloss black. But this looks amazing! By chance did you use west coast wheel repair? If not, mind sharing who did?

Thanks,
John
Old 06-05-2019, 04:40 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by Boxsterjbc
Boy, that's pushing my buttons. I'm in the Bay area and also have an extra set of sport techno's. Been thinking about this experiment also, but was a little unsure about gloss black. But this looks amazing! By chance did you use west coast wheel repair? If not, mind sharing who did?

Thanks,
John
Yes, I did use West Coast Wheel Repair. I've used them twice and have been happy each time. I work about a mile away from WCWR, so if you want to see my wheels up close perhaps I can meet you and show you. These wheels were refinished based on a Lexus wheel color/finish combination. If I do this again, I would try to find a slightly darker color, but I do like the current results.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Boxsterjbc
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I did use West Coast Wheel Repair. I've used them twice and have been happy each time. I work about a mile away from WCWR, so if you want to see my wheels up close perhaps I can meet you and show you. These wheels were refinished based on a Lexus wheel color/finish combination. If I do this again, I would try to find a slightly darker color, but I do like the current results.
I'm sure your the one who did a yelp review on your first go around. I saw your pics and have been wanting to meet you to discuss and see in person the results. Maybe we can connect sometime on a weekend. I think we live relatively close, I'm in Dublin. Let me know when maybe you might have some free time.

Thanks again,
John
Old 06-05-2019, 06:15 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Another set of Sport Technos, refinished in a satin finish.

"LIKE"
Old 06-05-2019, 06:15 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by J3C
Elite Automotive Repair in North Jersey did the full exhaust install and 40k maintenance for me. Doug, a fellow Rennlister and shop owner, did a great job.
  • Akrapovic Exhaust Ti
  • Fabspeed Headers (200 cel)
  • Tachart Springs
  • 40k Service (plugs, bmc filters, coils, oil, etc)
  • Vorsteiner Rear Spoiler
  • OEM Front Spoiler
  • GTS Rear Grille
  • DB Carbon Fiber Door Panel
  • DB Carbon Fiber Misc. Parts (on order)
  • OEM Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (on order)
  • Alcantara A-Pillar (on order)

To say this car rips is an understatement. I have some sound clips on a new Instagram account I created to start documenting the build (@casualcorona). Just need to figure out the PSE retro fit.

(ECS spacers 8mm/15mm, 12mm in order for front)

I'm loving the list of mods that you have. Akra, TechArt, Fabspeed, Vorsteiner - you've tapped into all the major players. I think some performance wheels would complete the puzzle.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:41 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by Boxsterjbc
I'm sure your the one who did a yelp review on your first go around. I saw your pics and have been wanting to meet you to discuss and see in person the results. Maybe we can connect sometime on a weekend. I think we live relatively close, I'm in Dublin. Let me know when maybe you might have some free time.

Thanks again,
John
Yes, that's me. I am now in Livermore, so not too far. I will PM you.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:37 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I bought my 2013 S Cab peace of mind with a 6 year 60,000 mile service coverage contract! Well, I guess to be totally honest it is probably more for my peace of mind.. Although it does pretty much insure that the Cab will get to stay in this garage for many more years.

Thanks to a lead from this forum I got a great deal thru Michael Jourdan -- what a pleasure to to deal with!
Old 06-07-2019, 01:46 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

7.9kgs fronts
9.45 kgs rears

Wait to see weight difference from OEM GTS wheels.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:19 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Just had the HREs refinished in Brushed Dark Clear. Loving the change from Satin Bronze, its like having a new car.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:38 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Just had my GTS Center Lock wheels powder coated Platinum Satin. Never liked the Black Satin.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:11 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I like it!

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread