Notices
991
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

 
Old 02-13-2019, 12:25 AM
  #2866  
whiteducktail
User
 
whiteducktail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 259
Default

Originally Posted by GTSdds View Post
"Ty now you put that steering wheel back where it belongs!"
Hahaha! I love Caddyshack.
whiteducktail is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:44 AM
  #2867  
VintageRacer
User
 
VintageRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 10 year member, Atlanta
Posts: 483
Default

Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
And you posted because?
It is what I own..I bought new tires, and I plan to still own this 991.1 well after the current five years. It's a great car. I have never owned but one other Porsche 911 longer, and it was a 1973 Porsche 911T with a 1973 911S engine. I have a lot of pictures of this car, but I can't share them with no permission of the current owner (it was very fast and Gemini Blue).

The current car is really good. It will be at Amelia Island on March 8. 2019 as part of the Werks cars. I will be around it.
VintageRacer is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 11:45 AM
  #2868  
racemor
User
 
racemor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 360
Default

Originally Posted by VintageRacer View Post
It is what I own..I bought new tires, and I plan to still own this 991.1 well after the current five years. It's a great car. I have never owned but one other Porsche 911 longer, and it was a 1973 Porsche 911T with a 1973 911S engine. I have a lot of pictures of this car, but I can't share them with no permission of the current owner (it was very fast and Gemini Blue).

The current car is really good. It will be at Amelia Island on March 8. 2019 as part of the Werks cars. I will be around it.
I'll be there too Doc, maybe we can catch up.
racemor is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 11:52 AM
  #2869  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,452
Default

Originally Posted by VintageRacer View Post
It is what I own..I bought new tires, and I plan to still own this 991.1 well after the current five years. It's a great car. I have never owned but one other Porsche 911 longer, and it was a 1973 Porsche 911T with a 1973 911S engine. I have a lot of pictures of this car, but I can't share them with no permission of the current owner (it was very fast and Gemini Blue).

The current car is really good. It will be at Amelia Island on March 8. 2019 as part of the Werks cars. I will be around it.
Just kidding, and I will be at the Werks as well...look forward to meeting some of you all in person.
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 04:26 PM
  #2870  
Ikone
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 318
Default

Front cargo organizer. I like it. Keeps things from rattling around.



Ikone is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:55 PM
  #2871  
Thinc2
User
 
Thinc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 219
Default

I got PPF and stripes on my brand new C2. I know not everyone is a fan of stripes on the non-GT cars, but I'm very happy with how this turned out - I went for more of a classic/elegant look over aggressive racing stripes. I figured if I don't like it, it would be easy to remove. But am very happy with how it came out.


BEfore:



After:



The black is satin, while the gold is a sort of speckled pattern:



I like how the black matches the black sunroof, and the gold ties in to the badge. And of course, black, red, gold = Germany

Rear:
Thinc2 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 07:55 PM
  #2872  
Uscnc2005
User
 
Uscnc2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 7
Talking Drop it like its HooooTT..!!


18 months;
XPel Clear full front
3m Matte Rear Fender Guards
3M Matte Hood Wrap
3M Side mirrors matte wrap

1st day in the family

2 months ago.


6 Months ago;
Rear Vorsteiner Fin
GMG racing springs

2 months ago;
Guards red Trim on Wheels (Paint)
Cobb Tune. Stage 1 93 Octane

Just ordered ;
Fabspeed Race headers
BMC Air filters
Faspeed Cobb Protune Stage 2- 93 Octane.

Uscnc2005 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 07:59 PM
  #2873  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,452
Default

I like the red painted trim on your wheels - how did they (or you?) apply it? I have used this place on bikes in the past: http://www.tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 PM
  #2874  
Uscnc2005
User
 
Uscnc2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 7
Default

The guys who did it does many of the local porsche shops cars in th area. He basically repainted black and then did the pin stripe. He has this crazy machine that he jacks up the car and another attachment that spins the wheel. The paint strip was painted on free hand with his professional air paint gun/air paint pin. Free hand as the wheel was spinning... crazy...! Never seen anyone do it like that before but this guy is good...
Uscnc2005 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 PM
  #2875  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,452
Default

Originally Posted by Uscnc2005 View Post
The guys who did it does many of the local porsche shops cars in th area. He basically repainted black and then did the pin stripe. He has this crazy machine that he jacks up the car and another attachment that spins the wheel. The paint strip was painted on free hand with his professional air paint gun/air paint pin. Free hand as the wheel was spinning... crazy...! Never seen anyone do it like that before but this guy is good...
Amazing...he is the kind of guy I need to do the indented #s and letter on my shift ****, Miami Blue of course. Do you have a close-up of one of the wheels?
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:18 PM
  #2876  
Uscnc2005
User
 
Uscnc2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 7
Thumbs up


Uscnc2005 is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 11:56 AM
  #2877  
dkmesa
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Originally Posted by Uscnc2005 View Post

18 months;
XPel Clear full front
3m Matte Rear Fender Guards
3M Matte Hood Wrap
3M Side mirrors matte wrap

1st day in the family

2 months ago.


6 Months ago;
Rear Vorsteiner Fin
GMG racing springs

2 months ago;
Guards red Trim on Wheels (Paint)
Cobb Tune. Stage 1 93 Octane

Just ordered ;
Fabspeed Race headers
BMC Air filters
Faspeed Cobb Protune Stage 2- 93 Octane.

eek, not feeling the hood, mirrors, and gas cap. Matte black vinyl panels are cringeworthy enough on cheap POS cars
dkmesa is offline  
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM
  #2878  
Uscnc2005
User
 
Uscnc2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 7
Default

Yeah.. the black Matte is actually pretty popular out in So Cal.. Actually get a ton a compliments but of course we all have our own styles!
Uscnc2005 is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 04:37 PM
  #2879  
_RS_
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
_RS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 397
Default



Just had these fitted, it does open up the sound nicely, as reported by many.

Thanks to John Gaydos of Soul Performance for his help, Joey Seely of E-Motion Engineering in Newport Beach for fitting them (specializes in 911 and a fascinating person to talk with), and Bob Z for answering a couple of questions I had.
Joey was very complimentary about Soul products for their quality and fit.
_RS_ is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
  #2880  
Uscnc2005
User
 
Uscnc2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 7
Default

Did you swap your existing CATs with those ? Or weld those to new or existing headers ? Curious how your set up worked. Thx. Tim

Originally Posted by _RS_ View Post

Just had these fitted, it does open up the sound nicely, as reported by many.

Thanks to John Gaydos of Soul Performance for his help, Joey Seely of E-Motion Engineering in Newport Beach for fitting them (specializes in 911 and a fascinating person to talk with), and Bob Z for answering a couple of questions I had.
Joey was very complimentary about Soul products for their quality and fit.
Uscnc2005 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: