Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

I just got a new Alcantara steering wheel to replace the leather one for my C4 GTS Cab. I bought the car as a demo from a Porsche dealer so didn't have the option to configure it.

I wanted the Alcantara steering wheel for two reasons. Firstly, my GT3 has an Alcantara steering wheel and I have grown to love it. Secondly, during the first couple if days of ownership, I briefly left the car in my driveway with the top down. When I hoped in the car, the leather steering wheel was so hot, I could not touch it. Alcantara wheel solves this problem. Not sure what I will do with the leather steering wheel now.
Attached Images   
Old 07-08-2016, 07:38 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I just got a new Alcantara steering wheel to replace the leather one for my C4 GTS Cab. I bought the car as a demo from a Porsche dealer so didn't have the option to configure it.

I wanted the Alcantara steering wheel for two reasons. Firstly, my GT3 has an Alcantara steering wheel and I have grown to love it. Secondly, during the first couple if days of ownership, I briefly left the car in my driveway with the top down. When I hoped in the car, the leather steering wheel was so hot, I could not touch it. Alcantara wheel solves this problem. Not sure what I will do with the leather steering wheel now.
I was looking at carbon fiber options like you have for my next car and was considering the CF steering wheel. When I saw an image of it and realized the CF was on the top of the rim I decided no way. In So Cal that would make the car undrivable without gloves.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:03 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Got Xpel Ultimate for the full front! Not happy with a couple things thought, hopefully they get straighten out.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:06 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Got Xpel Ultimate for the full front! Not happy with a couple things thought, hopefully they get straighten out.

Hi, care to share your dissatisfaction with the xpel? I'm thinking about getting mine done. Was it the installer? or the product itself?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:07 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MinMay
Hi, care to share your dissatisfaction with the xpel? I'm thinking about getting mine done. Was it the installer? or the product itself?
Hi, I'll send you a PM, happened in the weekend and Xpel was closed so I'd like to try to resolve it first.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, I'll send you a PM, happened in the weekend and Xpel was closed so I'd like to try to resolve it first.
Hi Giuseppe, First, love the GT3.

Interested to know about your Xpel story too. Currently I have the front and half hood protected (unknown brand - done by dealer/previous owner). I am planning on replacing the half hood with full hood. Also looking into the rear fenders. I noticed a uniform collection of minor rock chips appearing on both sides above the P factory installed shark fin rear wheel protection.

Planning to use Xpel. Installed has 3M too

Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paul007
Hi Giuseppe, First, love the GT3.

Interested to know about your Xpel story too. Currently I have the front and half hood protected (unknown brand - done by dealer/previous owner). I am planning on replacing the half hood with full hood. Also looking into the rear fenders. I noticed a uniform collection of minor rock chips appearing on both sides above the P factory installed shark fin rear wheel protection.

Planning to use Xpel. Installed has 3M too

Thanks
Hi Paul, I'll write you in private, whatever you decide though make sure you see the installer work on the exact same model as your car.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:41 AM
MinMay
Instructor

GiuseppeM, did you get a chance to speak with the installer?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Paul007
Instructor

Hi Paul, I'll write you in private, whatever you decide though make sure you see the installer work on the exact same model as your car.
Thanks, I got the PM. Much appreciated.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Valentine V1, Blendmount, and eBay mirror tap.

The following users liked this post:
9ONCE (07-10-2019)
Old 07-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Valentine V1, Blendmount, and eBay mirror tap.

Nice photography. I have the Max360 and Blendmount. Very impressed. Check the mount height parts included. Blendmount sent a short section and this caused the radar to be jammed against the mirror. A quick call to Blendmount and a longer section was shipped. Perfect now.

Just an FYI - if you plan to install the Porsche sunshade, just note that it will come in contact with the radar, so will not sit flush to the window. It still works fine as the 2 sun visors lock it in place. Just something to be aware of.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Paul007
Nice photography. I have the Max360 and Blendmount. Very impressed. Check the mount height parts included. Blendmount sent a short section and this caused the radar to be jammed against the mirror. A quick call to Blendmount and a longer section was shipped. Perfect now. Just an FYI - if you plan to install the Porsche sunshade, just note that it will come in contact with the radar, so will not sit flush to the window. It still works fine as the 2 sun visors lock it in place. Just something to be aware of.
Thanks for the info, Paul. I'll install it when I get back from my business trip. Please share a photo of your setup.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM
john45in
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Ultimate Cupholders (outstanding design, handy location but out of the way and super easy install) and iCarsoft PORII to reset service reminders.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:53 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Got this for my existing Passport MAX 2 RD and Blend-Mount:
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Got this for my existing Passport MAX 2 RD and Blend-Mount:
Awesome. I ordered a mirror tap replica on eBay for $10. Great quality and no wire cutting/running.

The issue with hard tap from the fuse box is you have to manually turn the device off, right?

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread